Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Hello my friends! Linus is home! After a nice nap, we went to a fish fry at a neighboring parish, and it was so good! Tomorrow night we will celebrate his birthday here with Lori, Chocolate Birthday Cake, pork chops etc. what he requests. This is his birthday week!! The actual day is Sunday, the 22nd. We will go to the 10:30 Mass at St. Ben's Chapel with Sisters Pat and Phyllis, our friends, eat there at the Monastery and then to their house for further visit. Lots to look forward to. He's glad to be back home although he loved his time there immensely, but it's always good to be back home again, and off to work again tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers for his safe trip. Prayers are answered.

Forget the useless and unhealthy things of your past that clutter your mind so
that you can live a life that is alive and vibrant. Lord, help me to discard all
that clouds my day so that I am able to live the life that You intend me to live.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Jesus woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace! Be still!'
Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm. He said to them, 'Why are
you afraid? Have you still no faith?' And they were filled with great awe
and said to one another, 'Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea
obey him?'" ~Mark 4:39-41

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

We can withdraw in to the calm of communion with God. We can rest in that
calm and peace. When the soul finds its home of rest in God, then it is
that real life begins. Only when we are calm and serene can we do good
work. Emotional upsets can make us useless. Life in God brings calmness
and when we enter into that life, then we live as eternal beings. Calmness
is based on complete trust in God. Nothing in this world can separate us
from the love of God.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may wear the world like a loose garment. I pray that I may
keep serene at the center of my being.
Meditations by Padre Pio

Keep strongly and constantly united to God, consecrating all your affections, torments, and your entire self to Him, patiently awaiting the return of that beautiful sun, whenever the Spouse is pleased to visit you through trials of aridity, desolation and darkness of spirit (Letters III, p. 674.)

Making Pancakes
Six year old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents pancakes. He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.
He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten. Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad.
He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked! Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and
sticky.
And just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears welled up in
Brandon 's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But his father just watched him.
Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the process!
That's how God deals with us... We try to do something good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky or we insult a friend, or we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.
Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.
But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to 'make pancakes' for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried.....
I was thinking and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that need rekindling or three words needing to be said, sometimes , 'I love you' can heal & bless! Remind every one of your friends that you love them. Even if you think they don't love back, you would be amazed at what those three little words, a smile, and a reminder like this can do.
Send this to everyone .. And never stop 'making pancakes.
John 3:3
" Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
WHEN I PRAY THE LORD'S PRAYER:
I cannot say OUR if I am selfish and do not think of others.
I cannot say FATHER if I do not treat my parents with respect.
I cannot say WHOM ART IN HEAVEN if all I care about are material things.
I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I do not say the Lord's name with reverence.
I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE if I am more interested in the things my own way.
I cannot say ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I am not ready to do His will here on earth.
I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD without being willing to share what I have with others.
I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I hold grudges and will not forgive others.
I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I am not willing to walk away from those things that are wrong and ask the Lord's help through prayer.
I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM if I am not willing to accept God as a Ruler of my Life.
I cannot say THINE IS THE POWER if I do not remember that my gifts and talents come from God not from myself.
I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY if I only seek my own glory and recognition.
I cannot say FOREVER AND EVER if I am only interested in what is happening in my life right now.
I cannot say AMEN unless I can say "WHATEVER HAPPENS IN MY LIFE, THIS MY PRAYER."
May the Good Lord bless and keep you.
May His love shine upon you.
May He hold you in the palm of His hand.
(The Lord's Prayer can be found in the bible in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4.)
Lenten Prayer
Father, give us the humility which realizes its ignorance, admits its mistakes, recognizes its needs, welcomes advice, accepts rebuke. Help us always to praise rather than criticize, to sympathize rather than condemn, to encourage rather than to discourage, to build rather than to destroy, and to think of people at their best rather than at their worst. Amen.
William Barclay
in A Time to Pray
Jesus Calling

March 20

Thank Me for the glorious gift of My spirit. This is like priming the pump of a well. As you bring Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving, regardless of your feelings, My Spirit is able to work more freely within you. This produces more thankfulness and more freedom, until you are overflowing with gratitude.

I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don’t perceive them. When your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts. In faith, thank Me for whatever is preoccupying your mind. This will clear the blockage so that you can find Me.

Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
—2 Corinthians 5:5

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
—2 Corinthians 3:17

Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High.
—Psalm 50:14

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Happy Linus is home safely and had a nice visit with Darla. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Valued Contributor

Happy Birthday to Linus! I'm glad he a great visit with Darla, and a safe return home. Enjoy your outings, Gloria!

Harlene, We ended up with 3-4 inches of snow. Hoping to see the warm up come that they've predicted. It's lightly snowing now.... I have lots to do here so I won't be going out anywhere. Hope everyone is doing well, and will have a good weekend! pinky

Trusted Contributor

Glad Linus made it home safely.

I have prayed for Anika's DH. I hope God will heal him and make him as comfortable as possible.

Blessings to all here.