Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Determination and faith will carry you through to your goals.
Lord, You and I together can accomplish my dreams.

Scripture for the day:

"I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not
know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because
I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father."
~John 15:15

Meditation for the day:

We can think of God as a great friend and try to realize the wonder of
that friendship. When we give God not only worship, obedience and
allegiance, but also close companionship, God becomes our friend even
as we are God's friends. We can feel that God is working with us.
God can do things for us and we can do things for God. Our prayers
become more real to us when we feel that God counts on our friendship
and we count on God's.

Prayer for the day:

I pray that I may think of God as my friend. I pray that I may feel
that I am working for God and with God.

Hello my friends! Hope you all had a great weekend! It was a good one for us - today - of course, a wonderful Mass - it was a Graduation Mass for all our graduates - they all marched in with their proud parents. Fr. Matthew said at the end that he expects them now to carry on the Faith wherever they go, and to sign up in parishes where they are.
He gave an excellent homily again!! After a restful day, Lori had us over for supper and Dominoes tonight - always a blessing to have her cook for us. She made an Indian dish, from the country India. It wasn't too spicy with curry and tumeric etc. it was very tasty. I told her to email me the recipes. We got the money for the garage sale - $115.00. We'll take Sammy to the Vet for that. He needs his shots. Oh and he had a bad day today. I was cuddling him in bed for a nap, and I noticed a bump, and sure enough it was a tick. He was very upset - wanted to keep it! It was hard for the both of us to get it out - so Linus took him in the shower, gave him a bath, and got out the tick. Hope he got the head. Then it took a long time for him to dry off but he's clean now and no more tick. I just towel dry him and let him run it off. He doesn't let me use the blow dryer, I tried.
What a blessing that I found that tick in time!!

Got an email from Carmela - with her permission I'll put it here for you all:

Hello Ladies....
As you know, I can't type much, but I wanted to share this prayer with all of you. I read a book entitled "The Impersonal Life", author Anonoymous....(which I highly recommend). At the end the author wrote this prayer.....It's short and simple, but so very powerful.

Author's Prayer ( From The Impersonal Life)

Dear God:

Thou All-Provider, Thou Who art my Inexhaustible Supply,
my Suffieciency in all things:

I hereby covenant with Thee to devote my life and everything
Thou givest me in Thy Service; to work henceforth only for
Thee, letting Thee guide and direct me in all things.

In return I ask only for Wisdom and Understanding that I may
know Thy Will and Thy Meaning when Thou speakest, and for
strength never to doubt Thy unfailing Supply and Support.

Amen.

Love and Blessings,
Carmela

p.s. Gloria.....I can't read Positive right now, but feel free to post this at any time if you so desire.

PROCRASTINATOR'S CREED

1. I believe that if anything is worth doing,
it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid
more work or find excuses.
3. I will never rush into a job without a
lifetime of consideration.
4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly
in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I
could expect to receive from missing them.
5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the
possibility for new technologies, astounding
discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
6. I truly believe that all deadlines are
unreasonable regardless of the amount of time
given.
7. If at first I don't succeed, there is
always next year.
8. I shall always decide not to decide, unless
of course I decide to change my mind.
9. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take
the first step, and/or write the first word, when
I get around to it.
10. I will never put off tomorrow, what I can
forget about forever.

THE "U" IN JESUS

Before U were thought of or time had begun,
God even stuck U in the name of His Son.
And each time U pray, you'll see it's true
You can't spell out JesUs and not include U.

You're a pretty big part of His wonderful name,
For U, He was born; that's why He came.
And His great love for U is the reason He died.
It even takes U to spell crUcified.

Isn't it thrilling and splendidly grand
He rose from the dead, with U in His plan.
The stones split away, the gold trUmpet blew,
and this word resUrrection is spelled with a U.

When JesUs left earth at His upward ascension,
He felt there was one thing He just had to mention.
Go into the world and tell them it's true
That I love them all - Just like I love U.

So many great people are spelled with a U,
Don't they have a right to know JesUs too?
It all depends now on what U will do,
He'd like them to know
But it all starts with U.

-- Author Unknown

I Love You Anyway
The fear of rejection may be one of the most basic fears of the human experience. Dr. Joe Harding tells a heart-warming story of a man who finally decided to ask his boss for a raise in salary. It was Friday. He told his wife that morning what he was about to do, All day the man felt nervous and apprehensive. Late in the afternoon he summoned the courage to approach his employer. To his delight, the boss agreed to a raise.

The man arrived home to a beautiful table set with their best china. Candles were lighted. His wife had prepared a festive meal. Immediately he figured that someone from the office had tipped her off! Finding his wife in the kitchen, he told her the good news. They embraced and kissed, then sat down to a wonderful meal. Next to his plate the man found a beautiful lettered note. It read: "Congratulations, darling! I knew you'd get the raise! These things will tell you how much I love you."

While on his way to the kitchen to get dessert he noticed that a second card had fallen from her pocket. Picking it off the floor, he read: "Don't worry about not getting the raise! You deserve it anyway! These things will tell you how much I love you."

Total acceptance! Total love. Her love for him was not contingent upon his success at work. In fact, just the opposite. If he were to fail there, if he were to be rejected by his boss he'd be all the more accepted at home. She stood behind him no matter what; softening the blows, healing the wounds, believing in him, loving him. We can be rejected by almost anyone if we're loved by one.

That's the way families can be with each other. And I like to think that's the way God is with us, too! "We love because He first loved us."

Author Unknown

Closing Prayer:
Prayer for Protection (especially from flu)

O Holy Virgin Mary, conceived without sin, I choose thee this day to be the Lady and Mistress of our home, and I pray thee, in the name of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus, thy Divine Son, and of thy Immaculate Conception, to preserve it from fire and lightning, from tempests and thieves, from cholera, influenza, diphtheria, malaria, and all other contagious and pestilential diseases.

Bless and protect every member of our family, preserve us from sin, from sudden and unprovided death, and from all other evils and accidents, in the name and through the merits of the most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Good night everyone - Sweet Dreams and May you all have a very blessed day tomorrow! God bless you!