Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello my friends! Wonderful day and it didn't snow here! Linus had a good birthday, the Sisters were fun to be with, Mass with them at their Chapel followed by their brunch at the Monastery and then visiting more at their house - Lori was at the same Mass - it's in her town, and she was with a friend and her grand-daughter, a long time client of hers. The Sisters haven't seen her in a long time so they hugged her and visited with her for awhile before Mass. Thanks for your birthday wishes for Linus! Now it's time for me to do my bible study on Mary. May you all have a wonderful Sunday evening and night.

When you turn to God, He makes the weak strong, the sinful sinless
and the worthless worthwhile. Lord, I am a joyful person because
You have blessed me.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than any human
authority." ~Acts 5:29

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

Functioning on a material plane alone can take me away from God. I can also
try to function on a spiritual plane. Functioning on a spiritual plane as
well as on a material plane can make life what it should be. All material
activities are valueless in themselves alone. But all activities, seemingly
trivial or of seemingly great moment, are all alike if directed by God's
guidance. I can try to obey God as I would expect a faithful, willing
servant to carry out God's directions.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that the flow of God's spirit may come to me through many channels. I
pray that I may function on a spiritual plane as well as on a material
plane.
================================
Today picture yourself as the happiest person that you know and watch how
contagious this enthusiasm for life is. Lord, may I bring out the best in those
with whom I share today so they can in turn bring out more of my best.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good
health, just as it is well with your soul." ~2 John 1:2

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

All is fundamentally well. That does not mean that all is well on the
surface of things. But it does mean that God is in God's heaven and God's
purpose for our world will eventually work out. We are called to follow
God's way. "Wearing the world as a loose garment" means not being so upset
by the surface wrongness of things, but feeling deeply secure in the
fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that God may be with me in my journey through this world. I pray
that I may know that with God, all things will be well.
PRAYER TO BEGIN THE DAY

As Morning breaks I think of you, O Lord, and my desire is to serve You joyfully. With gladness, I consecrate this day to Your Sacred Heart, and offer whatever joys and sacrifices may come my way. Thank You for the graces You will send - all the love, all the beauty, and the ways You will answer my prayers.

Today, may I love my enemies, and treat others as I would ask to be treated; may I forgive seventy-times-seven and show mercy; may I welcome the prodigal, have compassion for the Samaritan; be a peace-maker and love my neighbor unconditionally. Take all my heart, and mind and strength, O Lord, that this day may be truly lived for Your greater honor and glory and for the salvation of souls. Amen.

PRAYER TO BEGIN THE DAY

As Morning breaks I think of you, O Lord, and my desire is to serve You joyfully. With gladness, I consecrate this day to Your Sacred Heart, and offer whatever joys and sacrifices may come my way. Thank You for the graces You will send - all the love, all the beauty, and the ways You will answer my prayers.

Today, may I love my enemies, and treat others as I would ask to be treated; may I forgive seventy-times-seven and show mercy; may I welcome the prodigal, have compassion for the Samaritan; be a peace-maker and love my neighbor unconditionally. Take all my heart, and mind and strength, O Lord, that this day may be truly lived for Your greater honor and glory and for the salvation of souls. Amen.

Meditations by Padre Pio

Suffering has been loved joyfully by great souls. It is the auxiliary of creation after the unfortunate fall; it is a most powerful lever to raise man up again, it is the helping hand of Infinite Love for our regeneration (ASN, 42).

Insight:

God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting Life." [John 3:16]
The problem is that you and I, all of us, have done and thought things wrong, and our sins have separated us from God.
The good news is that God sent his son, Jesus Cross, to die on the cross in our place, to the pay the penalty for our sins. The gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. When we accept Jesus as our Saviour, we are accepting the call for repentance, the call to turn from sin. We receive Christ not so to continue sin, but to stop it. Grace is not an authority to sin; it is the power not to.
May you grow in your Christian life to love one another. Jesus said, "My commandment is this: love one another, just as I love you." (John 15:12)
Let us pray:
Help us Lord, to follow your command to walk in love and to demonstrate our faith through expressions of love today. Inspire us to acts of love towards our fellow man today. May our kind and encouraging words, our thoughtful gestures and our gentle witness touch our co-workers, friends, family, neighbours, and even strangers with your love! May our deeds before men be a testimony of your love, a witness of your character, and a sincere expression of our faith to the world. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen
- - -
Galatians 5:6 - What matters is faith that works through love.

March 22

Rejoice and be thankful! As you walk with Me through this day, practice trusting and thanking Me all along the way. Trust is the channel through which My Peace flows into you. Thankfulness lifts you up above your circumstances.

I do My greatest works through people with grateful, trusting hearts. Rather than planning and evaluating, practice trusting and thanking Me continually. This is a paradigm shift that will revolutionize your life. - SARAH YOUNG, Jesus Calling

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
—Philippians 4:4

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
—Psalm 95:1–2

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
- Psalm 9:10 – from Jesus Calling

Mother Teresa Said...

Jesus has chosen us for Himself; we belong to Him. Let us be so convinced of this belonging that we do not allow anything, however small, to separate us from this belonging from this love.
Valued Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Good Morning Everyone! We had a nice Sunday, though it went by pretty fast. We had supper with DS, something we always look forward to. It was a nice visit, and we're blessed he lives close by. I had all of my prep work done on Saturday, so it was nice and easy to just to finish up last night.

I'm not sure what's doing today yet. There are a few errands to do in town, so I may see what else I'd like to do since I'll already be out. Wishing everyone a day filled with many blessings! Hugs, pinky

Hi Julie! Hope you're feeling ok, and not having pain. Your breakfast sounds delicious. I may have to invite myself over! pinky

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies...Blessings on all here. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

GOOD MORNING GLORIAJEAN--- just a stop by to read your offerings and say hello....a belated Happy Birthday to Linus. I love reading the musings about your day to day life. Everything always seems so ""normal""......Thanks for sharing !
Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2015 lifeisgood said:

Good Morning Danky~Hope all is good with you....like I just posted to Carolina, I hope you too..will accept my heartfelt apologies....

.....sometimes things are said that we wish we could retract, but often the damage has already been done.

~Peace~

OMG----Julie (?).... I had to click on your lifeisgood history to see that it is you. Owe ME an apology ? Oh, Dear Julie, quite the contrary.....There was no damage done, at all, except for my great concern about what was going on with you. I have thought of you often and wanted to "talk" with you. I NEVER meant you ill will nor did I wish to be unkind but the situation that I perceived with you, at the time, was way too intense for this forum. You would have been eaten alive......Julie--I am going to keep my eye on this posting for a bit. If you want me to delete most of this post, after you read it, I will. What happened is done and I am not airing dirty laundry for the amusement of the masses. Nor do I want anything here that you deem unpleasant . Let me know.
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning all! Yes, I understand fully about opening links. Even with a good anti-virus, some infections can slip through. When I find some nice pictures on Facebook and all I need to do is copy and paste here, I'll do that, I won't be opening links. Thank you all who come here and post! You are all welcomed, and I always hope that what I post here will help someone, even if just one poster, it's all worth it. God loves you all! Don't ever forget that!

Zig Ziglar's photo.

Esteemed Contributor

'Read today's #MorningOffering email for March 23, 2015: http://www.catholiccompany.com/morning-offering/2015-03-23'

Super Contributor

Good Morning Everyone:

It has been a while, and I just wanted to drop by and say hi. Although I may not post often, I still try to read some of my favorite threads when I get a chance (yours included!). Happy Belated Birthday to your dear hubby.

Bless you Gloriajean for continuing this thread. Your quotes are just what many of us may need. Unfortunately, I do know the true meaning of today's post #9. Even though I am approaching 10 months, I have days where I am still "reeling" from the shock and saying to myself "what the heck happened?".

Take care everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

A Love Letter from Jesus

(Insert your name in the blank)

__________,I love you! I shed my own blood for you to make you clean.
You are clean now, so believe that it is true.

You are lovely in my eyes, and I created you to be just as you are.
Do not criticize yourself or get down for not being perfect in your own eyes.
This leads only to frustration. I want you to trust Me - one step
one day at a time. Dwell in My power and in My love and be free!
Be yourself! Don't allow other people to run you.
I will guide you, if you let Me. Be aware of My presence in everything.
I give you patience, love, joy, peace and life. Look to Me for your answers.
I am your shepherd and will lead you. Follow me only! Do not ever forget this.
Listen to Me and I will tell you My will.

Let My love flow from you and spill over to all you touch.
Do not be concerned with yourself. You are My responsibility. I will change you,
and you will hardly know it is happening. You are to
love yourself and love others simply because I love you.
Take your eyes off yourself! Look only at Me!
I change...I create..., but not when you are trying. I won't fight your efforts.
You are Mine. Let Me give you joy, peace, and kindness. No one else can!

<h3 style="font-family: georgia,serif;">Love,
Jesus
</h3>

Shorelady - how nice to see you here again! I love it when you have the time to drop by and share how you are. I'm glad this thread can be one of your favorites. So glad that the messages were needed, I never know, just hope. It's 10 months already - you have been doing well, and it's understandable how some days can be still shocking. I do hope we can help you in some way. Love you!! (((((Shorelady)))))) accept my hug!

Trusted Contributor

Can you believe it? It's snowing here!