Meditation for the day:

None of us entirely escape temptation. We can expect it and be ready
for it when it comes. None of us are entirely safe. We can try to
keep our defenses up by daily thought and prayer. That is why we
spend time in prayer each day. We can become able to recognize
temptation when it comes. The first step toward conquering temptation
always is to see it clearly as temptation and not to harbor it in our
minds. We can dissociate ourselves from it, put it out of our mind as
soon as it appears. We need not think of excuses for yielding to it.
We can turn at once to God for help.

Prayer for the day:

I pray that I may be prepared for whatever temptation may come to me.
I pray that I may see it clearly and conquer it with the help of God.

Greetings to you all! How was your day? I got to meet Georgia today - a very nice lady and she doesn't have a salon anymore - that's why she goes to people's houses to do hair. She also does Home Health Care and Hair on the side. Busy lady!! I showed her a picture in a magazine of a really nice red color - so Thursday she's putting it in!
When she told me her last name, it rang a belll, I asked her if she was related to that Alice Heuling who got killed some years ago, and she said she was her sister! Wow! That was an awful murder in our town here, and in the papers a lot!
Today we did some researching on line about apts. He said maybe then we could have a life when his life wouldn't be so scheduled out for work. We saw one on line that takes little dogs. When he has time, we'll go check it out. This morning he said that he wants to be here one more summer and move in the fall, and that's the only way for us to be debt free and he not having to work anymore. At least I got to spend 7 years here, will be 8 in May. Moving is a lot of work! Just thinking of it makes me exhausted!
We downsized coming here - now we'll have to downsize more for an apt. It's all in God's Hands. We just follow Him.
My blessings today - I'm glad Linus' knee doesn't bother him while wearing the brace. He said he had a good day today. Also got an email from my sister and Darla, and a call from Lori. I work tomorrow there from 9 to 4:30. Got our first Christmas card today!

Homily of the Day

December 9, 2010

Let Him Grasp Your Hand
by Monsignor Dennis Clark, Ph.D.

Is 41:13-20 / Mt 11:11-15

Life’s journey can get lonely at times, and sometimes we can feel exceedingly alone in the midst of a crowd of people whom we’ve known for years. Even children with loving parents can experience this, and so can husbands and wives who are devoted to each other. At times this sense of isolation and solitariness is brought on by trouble somewhere in our lives, some heavy secret or private burden which we believe cannot be shared but must be faced alone. Sometimes it’s just our weariness that makes us withdraw and sit alone.

But at times, the decision is not our own. Our friends have left us and we have been deserted and left to face life with no support, no encouragement, and no comfort. That can be especially bitter, particularly when we know we’ve done nothing to deserve so painful a rejection.

Walking alone, especially for any length of time, can plunge us into a dark valley from which escape can seem impossible. At that juncture, we need to listen closely to God’s words to us as He speaks through the prophet Isaiah: “I am the Lord, your God, Who grasps your right hand; it is I Who say to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’”

Whatever your trouble, whatever the challenge you face, let the Lord grasp your right hand, and don’t be afraid, for your are alone no more. You never were!

Mary’s Dream
I had a dream, Joseph.

I don’t understand it, but I think it was about a birthday celebration for our son.

The people in my dream had been preparing for about six weeks.

They had decorated the house and bought new clothes.

They’d gone shopping many times and bought many elaborate gifts.

It was peculiar, though, because the presents weren’t for our son.

They wrapped them in beautiful paper and stacked them under a tree.

Yes, a tree, Joseph, right inside their homes! They’d decorated the tree with sparkling ornaments.

There was a figure like an angel on the top of the tree.

Everyone was laughing and happy.

They gave the gifts to each other, Joseph, not to our son.

I don’t think they even knew him.

They never mentioned his name.

I had the strangest feeling that, if our Jesus had gone to this celebration he would have been intruding.

How sad for someone not to be wanted at his own birthday party!

I’m glad it was only a dream. How terrible Joseph, if it had been real!’

Author Unknown.

"The Christmas Scout" (By Sam Hogan)

In spite of the fun and laughter, 13-year-old Frank Wilson was not happy. It was true he had received all the presents he wanted. And he enjoyed the traditional Christmas Eve reunions with relatives for the purpose of exchanging gifts and good wishes. But, Frank was not happy because this was his first Christmas without his brother, Steve, who during the year, had been killed by a reckless driver.
Frank missed his brother and the close companionship they had together. Frank said good-bye to his relatives and explained to his parents that he was leaving a little early to see a friend; and from there he could walk home. Since it was cold outside, Frank put on his new plaid jacket. It was his
F A VORITE gift. He placed the other presents on his new sled. Then Frank headed out, hoping to find the patrol leader of his Boy Scout troop, and his patrol leader did odd jobs to help support his family.
Frank always felt understood by him. Though rich in wisdom. he lived in the Flats. the section of town where most of the poor lived. To Frank's disappointment, his friend was not at home. As Frank hiked down the street toward home, he caught glimpses of trees and decorations in many of the small houses. Then, through one front window, he glimpsed a shabby room with limp stockings hanging over an empty fireplace.
A woman was seated nearby...weeping. The stockings reminded him of the way he and his brother had always hung theirs side by side. The next morning, they would be bursting with presents.
A sudden thought struck Frank - he had not done his "good deed" for the day. Before the impulse passed, he knocked on the door.
"Yes?" the sad voice of the woman asked.
"May I come in?" asked Frank.
"You are very welcome," she said, seeing his sled full of gifts, and assuming he was making a collection, "but I have no food or gifts for you. I have nothing for my own children."
"That's not why I am here," Frank replied. "Please choose whatever presents you would like for your children from the sled."
"Why, God bless you!" the amazed woman answered gratefully. She selected some candies. a game, the toy airplane and a puzzle. When she took the Scout flashlight. Frank almost cried out. Finally, the stockings were full. "
"Won't you tell me your name?" she asked, as Frank was leaving.
"Just call me the Christmas Scout," he replied. The visit left Frank touched, and with an unexpected flicker of joy in his heart. He understood that his sorrow was not the only sorrow in the world. Before he left the Flats, he had given away the remainder of his gifts. The plaid jacket had gone to a shivering boy.
Now Frank trudged homeward, cold and uneasy. How could he explain to his parents that he had given his presents away? “Where are your presents, son?” asked, his father as Frank entered the house.
Frank answered, “I gave them away. “
"The airplane from Aunt Susan? Your coat from Grandma? Your flashlight? We thought you were happy with your gifts. "

"I was --very happy," the boy answered quietly.
"But Frank, how could you be so impulsive?" his mother asked. "How will we explain to the relatives who spent so much time and gave so much love shopping for you?"
His father was firm. "You made your choice, Frank. We cannot afford any more presents."
With his brother gone, and his family disappointed in him, Frank suddenly felt dreadfully alone.
He had not expected a reward for his generosity, for he knew that a good deed always should be its own reward. It would be tarnished otherwise. So he did not want his gifts back; however he wondered if he would ever again truly recapture joy in his life. He thought he had this evening, but it had been fleeting. Frank thought of his brother, and sobbed himself to sleep.
The next morning, he came downstairs to find his parents listening to Christmas music on the radio. Then the announcer spoke:
"Merry Christmas, everybody! The nicest Christmas story we have this morning comes from the Flats. A crippled boy down there has a new sled this morning, another youngster has a fine plaid jacket, and several families report that their children were made happy last night by gifts from a teenage boy who simply called himself the Christmas Scout. No one could identify him, but the children of the Flats claim that the Christmas Scout was a personal representative of old Santa Claus himself "
Frank felt his father's arms go around his shoulders, and he saw his mother smiling through her tears. "Why didn't you tell us? We didn't understand. We are so proud of you, son."
The carols came over the air again filling the room with music: " and peace to men on Earth. "
Praises sing to God the King,
The Christmas Scout's sacrifice gives us a little peek at the sacrifice of the Father when He gave up His Best, His Son to be born to die to pay for our sins on the cross, to save His needy people from their sinful poverty of righteousness.

"But when you give to the needy , do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward
you." Matthew 6:3-4 (NIV)

THE KING'S INSURANCE COMPANY

The King's Insurance Company guarantees :

LIFE
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

HEALTH
Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, (Psalms 103:3)

CLOTHING
If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

DAILY NEEDS
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

COMFORT
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. (John 14:1)

COMPANIONSHIP
teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matthew 28:20)

PEACE
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)

AN ETERNAL HOME
In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)

Reason for insuring in the King's Insurance Company:

1. It is the oldest insurance company in the world.
2. It is the only insurance company underwriting against loss in the judgement day fire.
3. It is the only insurance company that provide eternal coverage.
4. It's policies never change
5. It's management never changes
6. It's asset are too vast to count
7. It is the only insurance company that pays the premium

PREMIUMS
* But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ( Romans 5:8)
* For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, (Ephesians 2:8)
* For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. (1 Corinthians 6:20)

APPLICATION PROCEDURE
* that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
* For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

All Premiums For This Policy Are Paid By Jesus

THE BEST GIFTS THIS SEASON
Author Unknown

To a Friend Loyalty

To an Enemy Forgiveness

To your Boss Service

To your Child A good example

To your Father Honor

To your Mother Gratitude and Devotion

To your Spouse Love and Faithfulness

To Yourself Respect

To All Men Charity

To God Your Life!!

“The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”

A woman baked bread for members of her family and an extra one for a hungry passerby.

She kept the extra bread on the window sill, for whosoever would take it away.

Everyday, a hunchback came and took away the bread. Instead of expressing gratitude, he muttered the following words as he went his way:

“The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”

This went on, day after day. Everyday, the hunchback came, picked up the bread and uttered the words:

The woman felt irritated. “Not a word of gratitude,” she said to herself…

“Everyday this hunchback utters this jingle! What does he mean?”

One day, exasperated, she decided to do away with him.

“I shall get rid of this hunchback,” she said. And what did she do?

She added poison to the bread she prepared for him!

As she was about to keep it on the window sill, her hands trembled.

“What is this I am doing?” she said. Immediately, she threw the bread into the fire, prepared another one and kept it on the window sill.

As usual, the hunchback came, picked up the bread and muttered the words:

The hunchback proceeded on his way, blissfully unaware of the war raging in the mind of the woman.

Everyday, as the woman placed the bread on the window sill, she offered a prayer for her son who had gone to a distant place to seek his fortune. For many months, she had no news of him.. She prayed for his safe return. That evening, there was a knock on the door. As she opened it, she was surprised to find her son standing in the doorway. He had grown thin and lean. His garments were tattered and torn. He was hungry, starved and weak.

As he saw his mother, he said, “Mom, it’s a miracle I'm here. While I was but a mile away, I was so famished that I collapsed. I would have died, but just then an old hunchback passed by. I begged of him for a morsel of food, and he was kind enough to give me a whole bread. As he gave it to me, he said, “This is what I eat everyday: today, I shall give it to you, for your need is greater than mine!” “

As the mother heard those words, her face turned pale.

She leaned against the door for support. She remembered the poisoned bread that she had made that morning. Had she not burnt it in the fire, it would have been eaten by her own son, and he would have lost his life!

It was then that she realized the significance of the words:

“The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”

Do good and don't ever stop doing good, even if it's not appreciated at that time.

Good night everyone! Hope you all have sweet dreams and a good positive Friday! Enjoy the Gift of God's Day!

Closing prayer:

Prayer while Working in the Kitchen During Advent

What joy this brings me, Lord. Thank you for guiding me into the kitchen for some time of silence with you. The room fills with wonderful smells and I share tastes and samples with my family as they make extra trips through the kitchen on days like this. Thank you for each and every one of these special people in my family. They are like the ingredients of my own life, adding spice and heat and wonderful flavor and melding together into a unique dish designed to glorify you.
You know, God, cooking is quite a bit like my life. It's messy, I get careless and sometimes things don't turn out as I had planned. But in the mess of my life, that's where I can turn to you. Help me when I have to deal with being so imperfect. Bless me with humility when I grapple with my own poverty. Let me feel how deeply you love me, even when all I have to offer is scorched and humble.

Be with me Lord, in this kitchen today. Help me to take the time in this intimate silence with you, to pray for each person who will eat this food. Allow me to remember all of those around the world who have so little food, and bless those who share what little they have.