Honored Contributor

Re: Dad's Way Over The Top Request

my husband did not really help at all. i did not really expect him to because he never did BEFORE the baby. Woman LOL

i was lucky enough to have a "village" by my side....people i could count on for the first few months. good friends and family members did ask me for what i would like to eat. some made meals, some purchased meals.

my mom came and stayed with me for the first week and she was a GREAT help with everything.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Lol, has to be a joke. Having children does not incapacitate mother or father. Yes sleep when baby sleeps until you get on a schedule. Take turns getting up at night, etc. It's not impossible. Yep, gotta be a joke.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I pretty much did it all myself.  With each new baby one person brought us a meal.  My DH had to go to work and mother or mil did not stay with us.  I survived!  Now days you can order meals from  restaurants and have them delivered.  I would do that before asking friends in a demanding way.  Also, grocery stores deliver food promptly and you can even order perishables (veggies, deli items, etc.) from some sources.    

Honored Contributor

Sounds to me that this guy is more concerned about himself rather than anyone else, including the most important person, the baby.

Honored Contributor

It's a whole different world from when I had my kids 30 years ago and my world was totally different from when some of you had your kids 50 years ago.  I suspect that he was joking but there is a kernel of truth in the joke.  Today are meal delivery services and housekeepers available through aps on his phone.  Most people are isolated; friends help out friends those first few weeks of life with the new baby.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ridiculous. It looks like the lady will soon have 2 babies, including him.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   He sure didn't need any help making that baby.  It would surprise me if this guy even has any close family and friends!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

That's kind of nervey...

Esteemed Contributor

Meal trains are quite common, and very helpful to a family in need.  Perhaps he did not go into great detail concerning medical issues surrounding the child's birth because those close to him and his wife would know the circumstances.  From a different perspective, I do not see it as a selfish request, rather trying to take some of the stress off the family.  Perhaps not the most tactful way of doing so, yet he may have had good intentions.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.