Honored Contributor

Re: DWTS - Finale - 11/25/14 - Possible Spoilers

Yeah, I think the ship sailed years ago on just having contestants who never danced.

I love Alfonso, however, so I'm very happy for him. I didn't watch the show, as I seldom do, but I did record the finale last night. I just forgot to watch. oops! Been busy. Will probably watch bits and pieces of it tonight.

I love that Pepsi commercial video and watch it from time to time on You Tube. He was so good. Alfonso also has a stunningly beautiful singing voice. I'm just such a huge fan! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

I am pleased with the results.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/26/2014 mima said:

I thought Janel and Val should have won. I don't think it is fair when A. danced before. He still knew a lot about rythm and foot placement at least for some dances. I think they knew A. was going to win since he already knew he was going to do a tour.

I don't think they should ever put teens in DWTS. I love dancing to look romantic and I don't think it is appropriate for a teen to dance with an adult on this show. It would be hard for the teacher to come up with an appropriate routine.

I thought it was an odd pairing- Sadie with Mark. Age wise, height wise- everything! Mark is so 'touchy feely' with his partners too- another level of 'odd'!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/26/2014 missy1 said:
On 11/26/2014 mima said:

I thought Janel and Val should have won. I don't think it is fair when A. danced before. He still knew a lot about rythm and foot placement at least for some dances. I think they knew A. was going to win since he already knew he was going to do a tour.

I don't think they should ever put teens in DWTS. I love dancing to look romantic and I don't think it is appropriate for a teen to dance with an adult on this show. It would be hard for the teacher to come up with an appropriate routine.

Janel has a dance background. Alfonso hasn't danced for almost 20 years, and out of shape. Sadie or Bethany should of took the mirror ball, home. No dance experience. Alfonso was very humble with his win. So happy for Whitney. She is adorable. Alfonso hasn't done much since his Prince of Bell Aire days. I didn't watch that show.

I'm usually one of those 'but they have so much dance experience!' DWTS viewers- but in this case it was okay. He hadn't danced in a long time- it looked like he hadn't done much of any activity in a LONG time ! (like I should talk?? !!) But the show got him re focused, stronger, healthier [albeit a few injuries]. Alfonso's around my age and it inspires me to get off my tush and start moving!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/26/2014 Shelbelle said:

Jennifer Grey won a few years ago, talk about someone who has danced before.

She hadn't danced since Dirty Dancing though- the one that really bugged me was Nicole Scherzinger. Her career has always been about dancing, dancing & more dancing! - before and after The Pcat Dolls!

Valued Contributor

Wouldn't any dancing experience at all give someone a edge, even if it's a small one?
Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion it's harder, I think it's better coming in with no dance experience and you can just learn without trying to do it like you used to.