Trusted Contributor

Re: DWTS Chat ~ Week 6 10.19.15

I'm sad to say it but a perfect 10 score doesn't seem to mean much this season without Len on the show. they are throwing 10s around like crazy for tons of dances that didn't deserve it. Last night, Andy's dance was the best interpretation of the famous dance. He did awesome!!

I couldn't believe they gave out 10s to dances that didn't even resemble at all the assigned dance - Carlos and Bindi especially. Len would have called out the professionals for not keeping much of the assigned dance steps in it. Nick and Sharna at least threw in a lot of Samba but didn't get 10s? The judging seems very off this year - it's geared to give Bindi and the married couple best scores to keep them all on the show.

I was not a fan of Alexa before last night's show and opinion is not changing after that reaction to the outcome - crying and holding Mark the entire time? Seemed sooooo incredibly fake and overkill for sympathy votes.

Trusted Contributor

I have to say that the outfits for Paula and Louis' Madonna Vogue dance were amazing!!! I think those were some of the best of the season! I would LOVE to see Louis return next season with a great female who could contend for the trophy. He has great choreography but doesn't get partners who can show it off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did Louis and Kelly Osbourne win the year he was partnered with her?  I can't remember.  Did Paula say that she appreciated Louis last night as she was leaving?  I'm thinking she didn't acknowledge him, but I could be wrong.  I really like Louis and was so sorry he was partnered with Paula this year.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Did Louis and Kelly Osbourne win the year he was partnered with her?  I can't remember.

No, Kelly got pretty far along in the competition but didn't win.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

Did Louis and Kelly Osbourne win the year he was partnered with her?  I can't remember.

No, Kelly got pretty far along in the competition but didn't win.

Thanks Pearley.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I thought Bruno was out of line as to me it sounded as though he was poking fun at someone's religious beliefs.

Bindi was good when she was in hold with Derek but I thought she looked awkward when she was dancing in front of the group.

The judges were pretty harsh on Alexa.

Nick was fabulous.

Paula....EGADS!

I agree with everything you said. 

I am glad Paula is gone.

Tamar makes it extremely difficult to root for her. Her dance was by far the best. 

Andy and Allison were a close second.  It was the best choreography Allson has provided her partner.

As another poster said last week, a little Bindi goes a long way.  I did not think her dance was worthy of 10's.

Trusted Contributor

Anyone BUT Andy.  Please please. ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@brii wrote:

So glad Paula went home.  She is so crass and obnoxious. 

@brii  Thanks for letting me know who went home. Smiley Happy

Did Derek and Bindi get all 10s for the Dirty Dancing dance?  If so, they shouldn't have because the lift was definitely wobbly! (I saw a replay).  The dance was not perfect and shouldn't have received all 10s.  The judges certainly favor Bindi.

I give them a 10 for even attempting that lift. Bindi is a big girl, and Derek has muscles, but he had to put her way above his head and hold her in position for some time. They deserved every point they got.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the whole show last night and skpped Big Bang Theory. I was really impressed with quite a few of the dances. My only complaint is some of the dances chosen are truly iconic ones from the past, and some I don't consider iconic at all. For instance, Britney Spears writhing around with a snake on her shoulder is not iconic to me, unless you give credit to the snake. She is a mediocre talent at best. I felt bad for the contestant who had to do that particular dance. I also don't think the Magic Mike dance was ever iconic and neither was the movie. I loved the Gene Kelly dance and the John Travolta dances. I wondered where the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers dance was??? Still and all, though, I enjoyed last night's show. It was a departure from the usual. Wonder why they didn't adapt the All That Jazz dance from Chicago or one of Gwen Verdon dances?  Just a thought. I'm a huge Broadway musical fan.

Honored Contributor

Andy was fantastic. I think most of them improved. It was time for Paula to go.