Respected Contributor

Re: DWTS Chat ~ Week 4 10.5.15

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@NickNack...Yes, Alek dedicated his dance tonight to the terrible tragedy in Oregon!...He has been through quite a bit already for a 22 year old and represents our brave military very honorably!

Alek comes across as a really really nice guy!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@NickNack...Yes, Alek dedicated his dance tonight to the terrible tragedy in Oregon!...He has been through quite a bit already for a 22 year old and represents our brave military very honorably!

Alek comes across as a really really nice guy!!!!!

He doesn't, doesn't he.

Respected Contributor

I like Alek a lot.  Last night he seemed uncomfortable and I could not help but wonder if his instant fame is becoming overwhelming.

They do the important year almost every season.  For some reason last night seemed like overkill to me.  It was almost like who could tug the heart strings of the voters the most.

I wish they'd choose the most positive year in their lives.

Honored Contributor

Mutt, there's a reason why Bindi danced last, some on FaceBook are calling it the 'Pity Spot', can't say there isn't some truth in it, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

Tamar is so good, but I just don't have any warm & fuzzies for her. Hayes, Nick & Bindi were amazing. Andy was good & I love his music. Paula has great legs, but girl can't dance. Allison is 4 months pregant! Good gosh!

I agree with you about Tamar. Something is missing. I am routing for Bindi for the mirror ball. I am a huge fan of Bindi's dad. I watched the funeral on tv.  Such poise for an 8 year old,

Bindi was very poised at 8 years old-  but she was also too young to get the concept of 'death' when she spoke at her Dad's funeral. 

Honored Contributor

I think Bindi's tears were sincere, but her dance was a little 'forced'.  I switched channels halfway through....

What was Tamar's (sob) story that had Carrie Ann so emotional about?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I think Bindi's tears were sincere, but her dance was a little 'forced'.  I switched channels halfway through....

What was Tamar's (sob) story that had Carrie Ann so emotional about?

Her husband had blood clots and almost died.  There was more to the story than that, but I don't remember the rest of it.  I think she said that he was in the hospital for quite a while.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

From the time she first appeared in the public eye, Bindi was precocious.  There is a fine line often times crossed between being precocious and being obnoxious. (We have a granddaughter who walks this line)

Bindi dances beautifully but I'd prefer to just enjoy her dance and not watch her staged, over the top rehearsal clips. And PLEASE WARDROBE, help this girl out. 

I'd be curious to know just how often Derek and his partners have danced in the coveted last slot.

Respected Contributor

The switch up partners.

Bindi Irwin partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy

Tamar Braxton partnered with Louis van Amstel

Paula Deen partnered with Mark Ballas

Alexa PenaVega partnered with Derek Hough

Carlos PenaVega partnered with Lindsay Arnold

Alek Skarlatos partnered with Emma Slater

Hayes Grier partnered with Allison Holker

Andy Grammer partnered with Sharna Burgess

Nick Carter partnered with Witney Carson

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I don't usually see the whole show because I watch Big Bang Theory the first half. However, I am glad Gary Bussey went home last night. He makes me very nervous as I am always on edge waiting for him to go completely off the rails. I don't remember him being as weird when he first starting making films as he is now. Is he drug addled, mentally off, or what?

gary had a traumatic brain injury in 1988. he crashed while riding a motorcycle without a helmet. he has also had a history of substance abuse.

Thanks. I didn't know about the accident, but I kind of assumed substance abuse.