Regular Contributor

That really cool Latin filler last night, maybe the Macy thing, the music was by 2 brothers right here in Madison, WI. Was on our local news tonight. They are Albanian and have many unusual instruments in their parent's home and a recording studio. It was a really great piece of music. They just sent it to someone one on staff at DWS a while ago.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2014 betty423 said:

Candace was robbed. Sevens!?! The fix is in!

Betty

ITA! You can tell who they want to get rid of. Maybe her comments at the beginning riled them (TPTB).

I agree that Julianne was not the best judge. She should stick to dancing. What she said to Maks was uncalled for.

Erin should tone it down too. Whatever's going on with Peta and James is fun for us to speculate about, but Erin shouldn't be pressing them on it!

I liked the switch better than I thought I would.

I think Len doesn't like Charlie.

I think Maks REALLY likes Meryl! Wink

Honored Contributor

I finished watching it last night.

Meryl and Val were simply amazing. What a beautiful performance.

I don't know why Len doesn't like Charlie either.

I'd be fine with Candace, Drew or NeNe leaving.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to work again on Monday and didn't get to watch until tonight. I enjoyed this switch up show. I thought everyone did pretty well with their new partners but I will be glad to see them back with their regular partners next week.

I am a little afraid for Candace. I think she may be the next one to go. I thought her dance tonight was pretty good and that she tried really hard, but the scores did not reflect that (not that I am any expert in dance, LOL).

Whoever said a couple of weeks ago that Cody looks like Drew Carey is right on the money. Now, I can't even look at him without wondering if he and Drew are related, LOL. I wonder if he is really Drew's son or younger brother.

Cody sings well. I liked his dance.

Meryl and Val were awesome tonight. I think Peta and Charlie were underscored. I think Charlie was underscored last week too.

I do not like when the judges cut down the score because of the way the pro choreographs the dance. That is the not celeb's fault. They are just going to do what they are told. I am speaking specifically on Charlie and Peta's rumba.

Of course, Charlie is my special favorite this season and I want him getting all 10's all the time, LOLOL.

I know that he and Meryl have more of an advantage than the rest, but IMO this is NOT really a serious dancing competition so I don't let that bother me at all. It's just an entertainment show and that's all it is, and I watch it as such.

If it was truly a serious competition, they would not allow the audience vote. I realized that years ago when Master P was on week after week after week. If America had really been serious about dancing talent, that would not have happened.

As for the playing field being level, maybe the show should assemble groups a little evenly matched to being with. There was no way Billy Dee was EVER going to be able to compete with Meryl for goodness sakes. That is NOT his fault, nor is it Meryl's. Whoever plans the field is to blame for that.

All I know is I love watching Charlie and Meryl week after week. I hope they both go all the way to the finals. I think they are talented and very charming.

(edited)