Honored Contributor

Re: DRESS YOU WORE ON FFANY SHOES ON SALE

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think that dress would be so pretty for a mother of the bride dress. It is Adrianna Papell, I found it on the site of the store with initials LT. $220. It must have been shortened for Jane, even with heels. One reviewer said she is 5'6 and will have to shorten it.

Description says it is about 45" from the natural waist. Also the back view photo shows that there is a very deep slit at the back of the skirt portion.

Thank you for helping. This is obvious a new poster who is some what confused  about how things work here. Its kind of you to help her@greeneyedlady

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm guessing the OP is referring to Jane Treacy's dress which was very pretty.

This is my biggest peeve about the hosts' blogs and Facebook.  Several people posted on Jane's Facebook asking her where to buy that dress and who was the designer, but there have been no responses.  They asked 5 or 6 days ago, and Jane (or her assistant) has made posts since then but haven't bothered to answer these questions.  I see that here on the hosts' blogs in this community on QVC's website.  If they're going to promote their blogs and Facebook, they should take the time to respond to questions.  May not be necessary to leave an individual reply to every single person who asked about the dress, but it would be nice--simply good manners--to share the info since several have asked.  Not singling Jane out here because I've seen similar situations with other hosts.  A couple of us asked a host a question about a jewelry item she was wearing in a photo she posted to her QVC Community blog, but she never replied.  Sometimes they do answer, though, and I hope they realize how much that is appreciated.  I think QVC should monitor the Facebooks and blogs and see to it that questions are answered if they aren't too personal.

@wildcat fan

Some people just don't understand that hosts aren't required to wear only QVC clothing.  For all we know, Jane may have had that dress for years, and even forgot where she got it!    Just speculating here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm guessing the OP is referring to Jane Treacy's dress which was very pretty.

This is my biggest peeve about the hosts' blogs and Facebook.  Several people posted on Jane's Facebook asking her where to buy that dress and who was the designer, but there have been no responses.  They asked 5 or 6 days ago, and Jane (or her assistant) has made posts since then but haven't bothered to answer these questions.  I see that here on the hosts' blogs in this community on QVC's website.  If they're going to promote their blogs and Facebook, they should take the time to respond to questions.  May not be necessary to leave an individual reply to every single person who asked about the dress, but it would be nice--simply good manners--to share the info since several have asked.  Not singling Jane out here because I've seen similar situations with other hosts.  A couple of us asked a host a question about a jewelry item she was wearing in a photo she posted to her QVC Community blog, but she never replied.  Sometimes they do answer, though, and I hope they realize how much that is appreciated.  I think QVC should monitor the Facebooks and blogs and see to it that questions are answered if they aren't too personal.

@wildcat fan

Some people just don't understand that hosts aren't required to wear only QVC clothing.  For all we know, Jane may have had that dress for years, and even forgot where she got it!    Just speculating here.

I understand they aren't required to wear QVC clothing, and it doesn't bother me when they don't wear Q clothes during a show like FFANY.  I think since they heavily promote their social media accounts and want us to see them as their friends, they should answer questions if those questions aren't rude and personal.  It's possible they don't know where the item came from.  Maybe they just don't want to help another company with a sale if they aren't receiving an incentive, but I just think it would be a courtesy to share the "what I'm wearing" info.