Esteemed Contributor

Re: DON EVERLY DIES AT 84 YRS (Everly Bros.)

@GingerPeach wrote:

Theirs might have been the first LP I ever bought. Fond memories.

@GingerPeach  I'm pretty sure it was my first LP too! Thanks for reminding me!

Honored Contributor

Ringo posted a nice message on FB, with a great old photo of the Beatles with the Everly Brothers.  His message: God bless Don and Phil the Everly Brothers. We loved them.  Peace and love.

Esteemed Contributor

Loved them - especially All I Have to Do is Dream.   May he rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

Rest In Peace, Isaac Donald Everly...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll always remember my Mom and her BFF singing along with the car radio to "what are we gonna tell our friends when they say oooooooooo la la" wake up little Susie....we gotta go home".

Super Contributor

I would have liked to see a mention of his brother preceding him in death and at least a couple hit titles given.  I doubt that the young woman anchor reading the one line announcement, can't think of her name, even knew who he was.

My big brother, who I idolized, was a big fan and so I was too. I think my favorites are Cathy's Clown, Let it Be Me, and Crying in the Rain. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

Rest in Peace Don. Your music with your brother was among my favorites as a young teen.

Condolences to all his loved ones 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Thank you, Pearlee, for this post.  I among so many others loved the music of the Everly Brothers.  Growing up and hearing them on the radio and seeing them appear on TV was always exciting and special.  Their harmony, guitar playing and songs were exceptional, excellence in music.  They influenced many others in the music world which was a tribute to their talent.  Every song is a favorite, every song brings me to a time in life that was happy.  They were ahead of their time and without a doubt legends in the music world , their music timeless.

I know this is about Don's passing but I mention both because  they were as one when they sang.  

May Don rest in peace and know he and Phil's music was such a part of so many lives..  Be with God and thank you for music only you could make. 

Occasional Contributor

Best harmonizing I ever heard. Loved them, RIP boys, hope you are singing together again up there!

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like yesterday I was enjoying listening to the Everly Bros.  Now Don is singing to the angels.

RIP Don Everly. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam