Respected Contributor

I did not watch the show but I like Dolly Parton!

I am very particular about my scents and I do not mind spending time testing out samples at a store counter.  Last two times I bought perfume from the television I did not like it at all.

I do not think it is fair to ever return perfume--what do they do with an opened bottle?  It is the same as wine.  If I buy something I do not like I give the opened bottle to a relative.

Many of my perfumes are much more costly than the Dolly Parton price, and I gladly pay the price since I love the scents!

Trusted Contributor

with my allergies I cannot wear most perfumes, but I love her bottle with the butterfly on top!

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

It's 3.4 ounces, which is fairly a large amount in the world of parfum brands.  

@ROMARY   It's Eau de Parfum, not Parfum.    There is a difference with Parfum being the highest concentrate.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

It's 3.4 ounces, which is fairly a large amount in the world of parfum brands.  

@ROMARY   It's Eau de Parfum, not Parfum.    There is a difference with Parfum being the highest concentrate.

@Cakers3, it's very likely, given the context ("the world of parfum brands") that she used "parfum" instead "parfume," the words being interchangeable.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I got a sample a while back. Don't remember what I paid. I love Dolly and I wanted to love her fragrance. At first I did but then it seemed to get on my nerves. I just put some more on and I'm giving it another go. I'm really not good at describing fragrance. It's soft but it has an element I don't care for. Reminds me of an old perfume. I think I remember it not lasting either. I guess you would just have to try it to know if you like it. Everyone is different.

I certianly wish her well. The bottle is so beautiful. I was hoping it would be my signature fragrance but just not quite right for me.

Honored Contributor

I love Dolly, but don't want to look like her and not really sure I'd want to smell like her. . . Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: DOLLY PARTON

[ Edited ]

Renata,

Thank you for the testimony.  I'm hoping for a pleasing and lasting frangrance.  I'll know in not too long if I like it. 

"...an old perfume"?   Do you mean like Mom's or Grandma's?  I never liked my mother's perfumes, so I hope that's not the case.   Mama and I had very different tastes when it came to our scents.

Sooner,

A couple of things about Dolly Parton:

Very often, her exaggerated dress, makeup and wigs are a deliberate caricature of who she once was.  Of course, the sparkly rhinestone cowgirl/country singer was always there, but, as she's aged, I think she has gone to a super hyperbolic presentation of self for fun and profit.  I love her because I love her music.

It is because of her exquisite sense of music that I thought she might have hit on something very appealing in creating her fragrance.  It is possible since she is a creative force.  I'm certainly hoping for a scent that I like and maybe even love.  But Renata has alerted me to something that stands out like an off-key note in an otherwise pleasing musical composition.  I hope I don't sense it, too.   

[I wish I had known about that sample.  Only recently have I been buying more from HSN (and viewing it more).  Before, I'd stop by if Colleen Lopez was selling something of interest, but I found they have featured some interesting beauty items lately.  HSN has momentarily captured my interest and my money.]

The woman who composed this lovely, gentle ditty should have it in her to create the smell that I'm searching for.  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKsQR72HY0s

Honored Contributor

https://www.hsn.com/shop/dolly/21192

Dolly's new scent  "SCENT FROM ABOVE"

Roller ball and bottle offer has now sold out but bottle alone still available but going quickly!

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Renata,

Thank you for the testimony.  I'm hoping for a pleasing and lasting frangrance.  I'll know in not too long if I like it. 

"...an old perfume"?   Do you mean like Mom's or Grandma's?  I never liked my mother's perfumes, so I hope that's not the case.   Mama and I had very different tastes when it came to our scents.

Sooner,

A couple of things about Dolly Parton:

Very often, her exaggerated dress, makeup and wigs are a deliberate caricature of who she once was.  Of course, the sparkly rhinestone cowgirl/country singer was always there, but, as she's aged, I think she has gone to a super hyperbolic presentation of self for fun and profit.  I love her because I love her music.

It is because of her exquisite sense of music that I thought she might have hit on something very appealing in creating her fragrance.  It is possible since she is a creative force.  I'm certainly hoping for a scent that I like and maybe even love.  But Renata has alerted me to something that stands out like an off-key note in an otherwise pleasing musical composition.  I hope I don't sense it, too.   

[I wish I had known about that sample.  Only recently have I been buying more from HSN (and viewing it more).  Before, I'd stop by if Colleen Lopez was selling something of interest, but I found they have featured some interesting beauty items lately.  HSN has momentarily captured my interest and my money.]

The woman who composed this lovely, gentle ditty should have it in her to create the smell that I'm searching for.  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKsQR72HY0s

@golding76    I agree with you about Dolly and HSN. At least in so far as HSN offering new and different products.  She is far more intelligent and classy than she presents herself to the public to be.  She is well traveled and has met dignitaries and important people all over the world. 

I think Dolly certainly has a good idea of what women like,  

I ordered the body cream and I am looking forward to receiving it.. I don't care for perfume but I enjoy a pleasant smelling body cream.  

Trusted Contributor

@golding76  Yes, I guess that's what I meant by old. It starts out really good. Then after I had it on this time, I really didn't like it even more than last time I tried. It might be my chemistry. I hope you love it. Make sure to share when you find out. Smiley Very Happy