Honored Contributor

My sister had a cat, Padme, named after the Star Wars character, she was an avid TV watcher---she loved loved loved to watch Animal Planet---her favorite shows were the Marakeets and Cute Kittens & Puppies----LOL!!!  

My aunt's cat, Oliver, liked to watch basketball.............

My cats prefer to watch in real time from the window sill---birds, squirrels, and people walking their dogs 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

My dog rarely watches TV, except when other dogs are on. Initially she gets very excited, running around barking and grabbing all her toys. Eventually she settles in and just watches them, but if dogs get excited, so does she. 

I think for times she's alone, one of those fireplace videos with soothing music might be best. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have watched it a few times too.  I have wondered what the appeal would be for dogs.  I have read reviews, so I know there are dogs who love this channel.  I hope yours does.

@Carmie

Did the dogs write the reviews?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Marienkaefer2. For some reason, since they were puppies, Sadie and Molly are happy with QVC left on (low volume) when I leave them home. I think it's the constant talking, male/female voices that keep them feeling they're not alone in the house.

I put the the phone high on the counter, out of reach, & put my put my charge card away so they can't order anything. 

@Shanus

I'm glad you put your phone up!!!  Some pets have maxed out their owners' credit cards!!!

Honored Contributor

Several years ago I adopted a Golden Retriever who was 9 years old and had never been in a house.  He was kept tied up in the backyard.  The first time he saw the TV there were ducks on it and he almost knocked it over trying to get behind it to see those ducks!