Respected Contributor

Has anyone heard of this or have it from their cable provider?  I have Comcast and just noticed it.

It's programming for your dog (and cats like it too, I think.)

It's to leave on while you are away.

I watched the free sample and then decided to order it. It's 4.99/month.  I work part time, and some of it from home, so he isn't home alone very long, but I thought it would be fun to try.

I kind of like it myself, to have on as background when I'm working. It has pleasant music and sounds. 

I just snuck around the corner to look at my dog and he was sitting upright looking at it!

It's kind of funny!Smiley Very Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

It's included in my cable package.  I turned it on a few times, but my dogs weren't interested.  They would rather sleep or bark at birds who land on the window sill.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie

Lol.....I just got it, so we'll see how it goes.  Mine might end up doing the same thing. I've been trying to keep it on in the room he's in so I can sneak a look every now and then and see if he's paying attention. 

I guess part of the reason I decided to try it is because I like it myself!  lol

Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I have watched it a few times too.  I have wondered what the appeal would be for dogs.  I have read reviews, so I know there are dogs who love this channel.  I hope yours does.

Honored Contributor

Ive run across the channel on my Direct TV but since I don't pay for it, I don't get reception.  Silliest thing I've heard of; my dogs aren't interested in the TV, except for the doorbells that ring. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I already pay plenty - plenty for cable so wouldn't think of adding to the cost for doggy tv.  However, I do leave the TV on when I go out - she doesn't know the difference between FOX and Disney.  When younger she use to howl like a wolf when I left - but age has calmed her down and naps are her major interest now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Has anyone heard of this or have it from their cable provider?  I have Comcast and just noticed it.

It's programming for your dog (and cats like it too, I think.)

It's to leave on while you are away.

I watched the free sample and then decided to order it. It's 4.99/month.  I work part time, and some of it from home, so he isn't home alone very long, but I thought it would be fun to try.

I kind of like it myself, to have on as background when I'm working. It has pleasant music and sounds. 

I just snuck around the corner to look at my dog and he was sitting upright looking at it!

It's kind of funny!Smiley Very Happy

@Marienkaefer2

That's so cute!

My mom's dog watches t.v.  She seems to like cartoons (maybe because of all the action and weird noises they tend to have).

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I think my dog might like it.  She often watches tv.  I had one dog who used to sit in front of the tv when the muppets were on and when there was a commercial she would look behind the tv to see where they went. 

Honored Contributor

My K-9 who watched TV with me passed last year.  I have pictures of us watching the Dog Whisperer and Westminster dog shows.   I could write a book about his TV watching!   he's tried to chase cats behind the TV.   He thought when they ran off the camera view, they were behind the TV.   The crew I have now are not interested plus I don't want them trying to climb or attack the TV.

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was some "study" that  music is pleasing for the pets when we are away.    Their favorite?   Reggae!  Must be something about that beat.  DirecTV provides  SONIC music channels so if I'm going to be gone for an hour or 2, I'll put it on the Raggae channel.   I don't like leaving it on all day when I'm at work.

@Marienkaefer2

Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2. For some reason, since they were puppies, Sadie and Molly are happy with QVC left on (low volume) when I leave them home. I think it's the constant talking, male/female voices that keep them feeling they're not alone in the house.

I put the the phone high on the counter, out of reach, & put my put my charge card away so they can't order anything.