Trusted Contributor

Re: DOES YOUR CAT PREFER WET FOOD .... DRY FOOD .... OR BOTH?

On 9/3/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
Are these all indoor cats?

They absolutely are all indoor cats. Indoor only. They do not go outside unless they're on leashes and with us all the time. I don't believe in letting cats outside.

They pretty much own the house.

Honored Contributor

I have always fed my kitties both wet and dry food.

They get the wet food (along with the dry and a fresh bowl of water) in the morning and in the evening. I leave the dry food out all day so that they can graze when they want to and replace that with fresh dry food (and fresh bowls of water)when they get their dinner.

I currently have four kitties..Tabitha,Samantha,Henry and Jack...all rescues and all stay inside 24/7.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

My cat only eats dry. But previous cats have had mostly wet. I was very thankful when I switched to dry for good. It's so much easier AND apparently it's better for their teeth to keep crunching on food!

Esteemed Contributor

We have one cat who is at least 16 and we feed her both, but mainly wet.

Super Contributor

My first three cats all happily ate wet and dry. The next three after that, were all offered both but all three of them refused the wet and would only eat dry.

My current cat will only eat dry cat food, to the extent that she won't eat chicken, or tuna or anything that isn't from her bag of dry crunchy cat kibble.

She has to have high fiber, and Hills is the only brand I've found with 6% or more.

Valued Contributor

My male cat just had a blocked urinary tract. It was absolutely awful for him, I thought I was going to lose him ... and it cost over $2K to have treated.

After that, mine are on wet food only now. It may help.

I'm also adding a great amount of water to their canned food which seems to be going down well.

I hope it works.

Esteemed Contributor

My cat (Fire) eats both dry and wet. I leave the dry for all day and the wet at night for dinner and she will come looking for you if she doesn't get her wet food at night for dinner.

She's a diva cat.

Honored Contributor

Do any of you give your cats milk .... and if so, how often? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Do any of you give your cats milk .... and if so, how often? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

no way! They can't digest it. They only get water.

Honored Contributor

My cats eat only dry.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”