Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

I know QVC grants us the great courtesy of letting us keep stuff in our cart for an hour, which I love. But today I was in the process of buying something on HSN and was on the last page for checkout. I hit the purchase button and all of a sudden the message came up "this item is sold out". So am I to believe that HSN does NOT hold your stuff in your cart AT ALL? Thanks.

@furbabylover 

???    While you can put as many items as you like in your shopping cart, it isn't pulled from their inventory until you actually PURCHASE the item. 

No retailer "holds your stuff" to prevent someone else from buying it.

Not everyone who puts something in a cart will actually buy the item and someone else may really want it.  Makes sense .... just another version of first come, first served.

Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

They do not hold your item for an hours like QVC does. Nor do they have a check hold payment option, either.

@morganjen 

No retailer in their right mind does "check hold" anymore ... or they shouldn't.  People flake out and never send the money, and someone who really wanted the item misses out.  If you want the item, charge it.  If you don't, then don't try to put a hold on something you can't make a decision on.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@morganjen wrote:

They do not hold your item for an hours like QVC does. Nor do they have a check hold payment option, either.

@morganjen 

No retailer in their right mind does "check hold" anymore ... or they shouldn't.  People flake out and never send the money, and someone who really wanted the item misses out.  If you want the item, charge it.  If you don't, then don't try to put a hold on something you can't make a decision on.  

I think what that poster meant was that HSN doesn't accept check payments at all.

QVC does still allow people to order something and send in a check for payment.