Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOU WATCH TV WITH YOUR S.O. OR DO YOU

1. I cant anymore since he isn't living. In the beginning we watched together then we bought more tvs and a recorder.
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

Always, he watches my dumb shows and I watch his.  It's never been a big deal for us.   We talk, sometimes I read. It works for us.    We also have the radio off when we travel.    We like to talk to each other.   It's worked for 40 years.   

My nephew and his wife sit and play on their phones all day.   LOL.

Same here @debic! We are always chatting, making each other laugh and being silly in general. I think things like this is the reason why we are still so close after all these years. Heart

Honored Contributor

My wife and I watch most tv shows together. We DVR every show we watch for a reason. And being able to watch them together is part of that reason. Most shows we both enjoy watching together because we like the shows/hockey-College Football.

She watches the shopping network shows that she DVR's in the master bedroom and I watch mine in the patio room. Those however are minimal to the ones we watch together. I am a video/audio purist, she is not. However, when The Voice show is on, she does want the best(5.1 Dolby Surround) turned on through the audio system.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

We never watch TV together.  We don't like the same things.  I record everything I watch and watch when I feel like it.  He just flips through channels and watches things he has seen before and the Food channel and then says there is nothing on TV.  He expects to just turn it on and there will be a show he likes just starting.  TV watching takes planning ahead.

Honored Contributor

I always say that my dh and I are joined at the hip!  We do everything together including watching tv. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

35 years married....never have we watched TV together EVER. Totally different things we each like. Works for us.

@SeaMaiden  31 years married (still).  Never ever watched tv together.   Heart

43 years together and we do everything together! He's my best friend! Always watch tv together! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

Nevah !   

I NEED my space.   Smiley Happy

LOL!

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Very, very rarely. Usually he is in his office watching his car, sports stuff and political garbage. We may watch a few programs like Oak Island or things like that but that is not an all the time thing.

Respected Contributor

Most of the time.  But, when I put on "SATC" reruns or "Girls," he leaves the room.  And when he watches football,  I watch something else on the tv in the bedroom.  I like baseball, but don't care to watch most other sports on tv.

Esteemed Contributor

We usually watch separate TV’s.  I like the UK shows and mystery movies and he’s a news/sports junkie.