Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOU WATCH TV WITH YOUR S.O. OR DO YOU

We both have different tastes in 'viewing' so I have my television and he has his. 

On occasion we watch a pay per view movie. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Rarely watch TV together.  He watches in the living room, me in the bedroom.   We do plenty of other things together, TV is not one of them!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I live pretty seperate lives simply due to our interests and careers (if you call being a full time caregiver a career.....).

I don't believe we've ever watched TV together.... if we have, I don't remember it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam  I most certainly call a full time caregiver a career.....one that doesn't come with time off, insurance, or a retirement plan.  It is one of the most difficult jobs, but can be the most rewarding (if you are given a chance to take a deep breath and reflect on what you are doing).  It is overwhelming, so I hope you are able to have time for yourself.

My hat is off to you.  People tend to focus on the one needing the care and forget about the caregiver.  It is a job that is given to us, one we don't ask for, but we take on because it is the right thing to do for our loved one. 

All the best to you!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

no because AS SOON as there is a commercial, he turns the channel to something else. It's like watching 5 minutes of 20 different programs. It makes me crazy.

Honored Contributor

There are a few shows that we both like and watch together, but for the most part, he's a sports fanatic (all of them) and I'm not, so most of the time, we watch tv in our own spaces.

One of the secrets to a long and happy marriage, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Monday thru Friday from 10-12:30 we sit in the living room together watching Let's Make a Deal, The Price is Right, and our local news at noon.   Those are the only shows we watch together now.   We used to watch Breaking Bad together every week, but generally our tastes in tv viewing are extremely different.   Also, before my husband got his hearing aids, the volume was always so high, it got on my nerves.   

When we built our garage, I turned the small pass thru space between the house and garage into a laundry/TV room.  It is MY personal retreat, and where I spend much of my day.   My husband relaxes in his big recliner in the living room in front of his big screen TV, and my girls watch TV in their bedrooms when they are home.  

Honored Contributor

oh yes, we watch tv together! Fortunately, we enjoy the same type of shows. We love to snuggle in the big recliner together and watch tv. It is one of our favorite things to do in the evenings and is such a nice stress reliever.

We both hate channel surfing. My dad and FIL are both terrible about this and it is annoying watching tv at their house. 

Honored Contributor

nun ya wrote:

no because AS SOON as there is a commercial, he turns the channel to something else. It's like watching 5 minutes of 20 different programs. It makes me crazy.

Oh yes!  I had forgotten about this, since we seldom watch the same shows and when we are, I have the remote.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Some TV I like my husband doesn't want to watch like most of my ID channel shows. Sometimes he'll watch See No Evil as it's kind of fascinating how all the security camera footage can be used to follow suspects committing crimes, but some can be disturbing (to even myself) so we watch other recordings together. I can't take watching live TV with my husband as he makes the same comments to every dumb commercial.