Esteemed Contributor

DO YOU WATCH TV WITH YOUR S.O. OR DO YOU

each have your own "space" and television to watch what you want? 

My DH and I rarely watch TV together.  We each have our own space to do this.  We don't watch the same things, like the same volume setting (LOL Smiley Happy ), or agree on the amount of channel surfing during a program Smiley Surprised.

However, we do a televised Bible study together every morning together.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU WATCH TV WITH YOUR S.O. OR DO YOU

Absolutely not. We watch different shows, like to flip at certain times and he stays up later than me. I watch in the bedroom and he doesn't want the tv on when he goes to sleep.

We do watch Miss Fischer and The Bosch shows together.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

No not really. The only thing we watch together (he tapes) is Deadliest Catch, Survivor & Amazing Race -- once in awhile I watch the final round of golf with him.

My family room with his 75" tv is right off kitchen so sometimes I'm forced to "watch" some of his  shows! I can't help but watch - why anyone needs a tv that large is beyond me BUT I do kid him "I can see QVC better" is his room!!! Lol

Respected Contributor

We always watch tv together. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, we watch TV together.

If he's watching something in the famly room that I don't want to watch, I can go upstairs.  Usually, I'll just read or do something else. 

We have so many shows that we both like, so it's never really an issue. 

Trusted Contributor

We do watch our favorite news channel together around dinner time and the early evening hours!  Then later I go to my TV in our bedroom, crawl in bed and watch what I like for a couple hours!! We are both very happy TV watchers that way!! 

I think it is very common for men and women to like to watch different things!  However we do both love football and will watch that together!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

We pretty much watch separate tv.

Most of what he wants to watch is stuff I'd rather have my heart cut out with a dull knife than to watch.

It's not like I could just read or something because he is constantly talking.  Now that I'm losing my mind, I cannot do/see/hear more than one thing at a time without getting confused and then frustrated.

So, when he comes home it's just time to listen to him for a while, he plays with the dog, then he goes off and watches his own tv.  This works GREAT for us!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We do both.

Esteemed Contributor

We do watch some shows together Survivor, Big Brother, SVU, Chicago Series (Chicago Med, Chicago Pd, Chicago Justice), I think that is about it.

He watches any and all sports, me NO, I like Lifetime movies and Lifetime, Hallmark and Hallmark movies, him NO, so we each watch those on our own.

Of course I am home most of the time, and he not so much, so it works for us.

Trusted Contributor

About half of the time.