Honored Contributor

Just wondering if anyone here uses NEXTDOOR instead of or along with FACEBOOK.

I am only on this forum and NEXTDOOR, no other social media sharing.  You can only be signed up for one account so if you have homes in different locales, you are out of luck.  Has anyone found a way around this?

I have found useful info on NEXTDOOR, mostly contractors and businesses to use or stay away from.

What has been your experience?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nextdoor is not at all like Facebook, you can not pick and choose the people your messages are directed to. As far as I am concerned its pretty worthless, lots of people complaining about things in their lives

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: DO YOU USE NEXTDOOR?

[ Edited ]

I use it. (I'm on FB too.) It's nice for a lot of things - recs and warnings for different businesses for example, lost and found pets, warnings about sketchy people going door to door, crime in the area,  etc., other notifications.  Lot of cr** on there too though.  Like everywhere lol.

Could you use a different email address for a different home?

Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU USE NEXTDOOR?

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs.  Once in awhile I pick up some useful information on NextDoor but I find it's mostly lost dogs and people who can barely express an idea trying to complain about something petty.   I never before realized we had such a low literacy rate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hey there, @tends2dogs!  Hope to see you soon on MAFS season 18 when it starts.

Sometimes I use Nextdoor but I get to many emails if I respond to anything.  I don't want to be as involved with them as I am on here and the other forum associated (in a way) with.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Frequent Contributor

Mostly useless and annoying.  It can be helpful getting recommendations on contractors/services/physicians.  However, Nextdoor contains more and more ads, which provide revenue to support the free site.  It is almost impossible to limit posts your close neighborhoods, since the default for posting goes to everyone, resulting in many notices about irrelevant matters.  Some threads devolve into ****** for tat arguments.  

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of it until now.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor
I do but since I live in NJ on the Hudson River, my neighborhood extends to NYC. I don’t really care what’s going on in NY neighborhoods & most of the postings are from NY residents. Once in a while a person may post re to my real neighborhood.
Respected Contributor

Once in a great while, I find useful information on Nextdoor but not often.  I just look at it once in a while.  Where I live, there are daily posts from people looking for handouts.  That or posting lost/found pets.

Respected Contributor

I have been on NextDoor for years; I find it iinvaluable for keeping up to date about city planning, new development, and how it may impact uss. I also like seeing city council agendas and hearing from our representative who is on every day.