Esteemed Contributor

DO YOU REMEMBER I SPOKE TO THE WOMAN WHO WAS CRYING?

I never regretted asking the woman if I could help her.   I also believe when we get the impulse to do something it is because we are guided by unknown forces.  Have you ever done something that turned out great and you said, "If I hadn't gone down that street that day I never would have met an old friend?"  Or, if I had taken the dog for a walk like I usually do at 10.00 A.M. I would have missed that very important phone call."

Well, something told me to ask the woman who was crying  if there was anything I could do to help...and it was one of the best things I ever did.  She reminded me of saying to her, "The only one who can help you is yourself.", and that gave her the courage to speak to the manager at the pain clinic.

As of now her daughter is in Rehab and the woman has control of her own medication once again.  Life for her is good and I congratulated  her for having the courage to speak up and take control of her life. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Frequent Contributor

Re: DO YOU REMEMBER I SPOKE TO THE WOMAN WHO WAS CRYING?

Not sure of the entire story, Lind Grandma, but,. sounds like something good, came from a chat to a stranger, and,.my whole heart, congratulates you!  Sounds as if you may have made a change, to a strangers life in passing.. I feel proud, for you!  Such an accomplishment!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad to hear this update!!  Hopefully her daughter will be able to start her life anew once she is out of rehab. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Doing the right thing is never wrong.  I think your body lets you know. 

Respected Contributor

I do remember you sharing that story a few weeks ago.  Being kind is always a good thing.  Good for you and good for that lady and her daughter.

Honored Contributor

Good for everyone,

Image result for small thumbs up smiley images

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma, I so remember all the posts from your original thread, very glad to read your up date.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma, what a wonderful thing to read this Sunday morning. I'm so glad that you gave her the encouragment that you did. I really hope the daughter has a successful stay at rehab.

I have thought about things that have happened in my life, having had to have been guided by someone unseen. I have no doubt that some of them have.

Guess I'll just say, I am glad I have an open heart and an open mind. We do have to be careful, but if I had been a skeptic or too judgemental a few years ago, I would have missed out on one of the greatest blessings of my life. Someone who is still in my life and always will be.

Honored Contributor

I am glad you have an update and things are going in the right direction. Glad you were able to help.

When my son was in college, he worked at a job near our house. He was living in center city Philadelphia near the college. So on occasion we would drive him to/from the train station after/before he worked. One night we picked him up and drove him to the train station to take him back to school. And as we were sitting waiting for the train to arrive, I noticed a man on his cell phone. As it was closer to the time the train was to arrive the man laid down on the tracks. I was not about to let that man stay on the tracks as the train was arriving. Also, I did not want my son to see such a tragedy. So I ran up to the man and started pulling on his arm and trying with words to get him off the track. I could see the headlight from the train in the distance. He still continued to talk on the phone. I don't know what he was saying to the person on the phone because I was yelling at him - that he had to get off the tracks. My husband and son joined me in pulling him off the track. The train arrived, it felt like 5 seconds later. We talked to the train conductor about what happened and he said he would put the guy on the train and keep an eye on him, maybe the guy would calm down during the ride.

I often wondered what happened to that guy. I had read about a couple suicides by train and wondered if it was "my guy".

Honored Contributor

Yes, I remember that many posters felt she was pulling a scam with her daughter.  Well I'm glad she told the clinic what was going on, but if rehab doesn't help that daughter, I dread to think what could be in store for that lady.