Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU ORGANIZE YOUR CLOSET BY....

I organize mine by ctype of clothing. I have all of my slacks together, by color, and then skirts/dresses and finally tops, and I have them organized by type of shirt, blouses, regular tops and my sweaters are all folded and in an organizer in my closet. Even though my closet is somewhat organized, I would like it to be even better organized. I do love Huggable Hangars , they make a huge difference.....I have a girlfriend and also a sister whose closets are so organized, it looks like something out of a catalog........Both are retired, but I bet even when they were working, they were still really organzied and neat...... 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

What is this organization that you speak of ? LOL.😆

I use this system as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Most tops and some sweaters hanging by color, summer to winter...tanks on cascading hugable hangers...long sleeve cuddldud-type tops also on cascading hh...white pants on cascading hh, summer on top, winter on bottom...black pants = same...jeans and some sweaters/tops folded on shelf, current season on top.  A few outfits put together on one or cascading hangers.  I like my closet neat and organized.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@2blonde. Will have to check out One World. Store or brand I can find online?

Valued Contributor

Closet is organize by type and color.No red in my closet(with the exception of prints,that may have red in the design). Shoes and Handbags are organize the same way. Not hard because I buy only have 12 pairs of shoes, and like handbags when I purchase new I give away the old. The  handbags,(1) Navy(Michael Kors) 1 gray(Vince Camuto) , 2 black( Marc Jacobs),1 light blue Coach(denim color) Purple( Coach) All with matching wallets.

Clothing is also given away when I purchase something new, I donate or give away the old. This keeps your closet fresh. As retirement nears, clothing purchase has decreased.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh. Same here w/ master closets. Each have a walk in. Since downstairs (where bedroom is) has 10' ceilings & I'm so short, I have 3 rods straight up on one side, built in dresser and shelves for shoes & sweaters/tees on other side. Hubby's closet is walk in, but smaller, of course. 

I also arrange by color within type. Out of season go on top  (3rd rod). Can't reach it except w/ ladder anyway.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG. Would love to have antique storage pieces. Makes the room unique.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG. Would love to have antique storage pieces. Makes the room unique.

@ShanusUnless you have an amoire and they were their closets, they didn't have big dressers abd chests of drawers because people then didn't have a lot of clothes.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE. Sounds like you have a great system. Have to   learn to toss something if I add something.

Honored Contributor

Heck No!  There is no rhyme or reason to my closets.