Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOU LIKE VERA BRADLEY BAGS?

I don't use Vera for an everyday bag, but I think it's hard to beat the large totes for traveling and kids/grandkids summer baseball/soccer games. I prefer the older bags though - the ones that still had quilted straps and the heavier fabric, including quilted pockets inside.

Respected Contributor

I'll talk out of both sides of my mouth:  Love the prints, the weight of the bags, designs, fabric, yet they sometimes do look old ladyish (I'm in that group, by the way). Also, I get tired of the prints since I carry one bag and don't switch around much.   However, when I see people travel with them, I think how smart they are to use such great items to travel.  I'll have to take a look at the solids.  As for travel, I like my Baggalini bag, and when I come back from a trip, I tend to keep carrying it because it's so handy even tho' it's kinda ugly.

Respected Contributor

Redhead--hey, thanks for the heads up on that VB deal.  I got two small gifts for someone visiting, and they are perfect.  I wanted to get something nice but not spend too mcuh.   Got the Cuban Rose pattern in a luggage tag and a small zipper case.  

Honored Contributor

I do when I travel! I've got most of the line.  I find since I don't need "suitcase" I can use my grand traveler & tote for everything!!

Lately, I've been carrying a lightweight vera crossbody.  My coach and Dooneys I find are too heavy right now.  Or maybe I carry to much stuff!!!

Honored Contributor

I do when I travel! I've got most of the line.  I find since I don't need "suitcase" I can use my grand traveler & tote for everything!!

Lately, I've been carrying a lightweight vera crossbody.  My coach and Dooneys I find are too heavy right now.  Or maybe I carry to much stuff!!!

@Cindy-QVC

I was at outlet store today.  Great sale 50%+30 til tomorrow.  I thought I might get the Rolling duffel but ended up saying "no". I did buy my hairdresser the weekender ($44 great deal).

Honored Contributor

Just an fyi:  Vera Bradley isn't one person.  Two women. 

LIke anybody cares.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Just an fyi:  Vera Bradley isn't one person.  Two women. 

LIke anybody cares.  LOL

Shoekitty said

i have bought umpteen vera bags for granddaughter and dint know that.  Thanks for the info!

Trusted Contributor

@sugar22 wrote:

I use my Vera solid black quilted triple-zip crossbody every day, and love it!  Just throw it over my head and I can shop or do anything I need to do without worrying about losing my purse. The solid black is elegant, and I get lots of compliments on it.  Plus, it's lightweight and washable.  

I do have a few leather bags that I use for dress up, but prefer the weightlessness of the VB bags.

ps  I'm old but still stylish!       

@sugar22    Thata girl!  Me too!Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

I like the solid color handbags but not the floral.   I do love the floral travel bags however!  Both are well made!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

goldensrbest,I think of blending patterns as I do in a variety flower garden. The more the merrier!!