Trusted Contributor

Re: DO YOU LIKE VERA BRADLEY BAGS?

I do not care for them, they clash with clothing. And they remind me of diaper bags., 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I dont like them; I wear many print shirts and they clash.  I know this is a fallacy but there's something about them thats old ladyish.

I am a old lady.Woman Wink

@goldensrbest. Me too but I don't want to dress like one.  For travel, I have several Travelon bags.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've had some VB bags going way back when.  I always liked the washable ones for casual use.  Especially out and about on "errand" days.

Never cared if the prints "clashed" with my clothing; I guess I'm just not aware that anyone is looking at me and saying "Her clothes don't match her bag".   LOL

If I've thrown on jeans to go out and about I don't need to "match" my clothes to some handbag.

I also liked the weight of the bags;  leather can be too heavy especially in warmer weather.

I do find, however, as I've been in a VB store the past few years, that the quality has deteriorated.  No more rolled handles on the totes or the cardboard inserts that kept bags sturdy and not floppy, for example.

I think VB has always been slammed because it's not designer-like the name brands that were made by cheap overseas labor then sold here for hundreds of dollars.  Please.

VB has always been more off the wall styles and not for everyone.  But I've always seen both young and older women carrying them, so to each her/his own.

And don't laugh-some of those early VB bags are collector items.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I went through a VB phase a few years ago. I tended toward the more tonal or subtle prints but had brighter ones as well. Where I live, people wear prints with prints all the time. If I were wearing a print top, I would choose a VB print that was complementary.

That said, I donated many of them and have kept only a few. I haven't used them in a long time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I like the travel bags and accessories.

The only handbag I have is a crossbody.  

I absolutely love their new print Winter Berry.  It's one of the prettiest prints they've come out with in a long time.

@Bri36- I agree on Winter Berry. Prettiest pattern in a long time. 

I also like Snow Lotus (bought a travel bag and note cube and notebook hipster in it) and Lilac Medallion, same purchases and a small wallet to fit in the Hipster. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

No. I don't like the prints. Some of the solids are ok, although I would never buy one.
Respected Contributor

Never should have read this thread.  Decided to look at the website and found a red RFID microfiber wallet with what appears to be the type of easy-opening access that I've been looking for.  Oh dear,  must have it.

Honored Contributor

No .... just not my style.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I dont like them; I wear many print shirts and they clash.  I know this is a fallacy but there's something about them thats old ladyish.

ITA. I seldom if ever really like the prints, wear prints myself so the bags would clash with everything - and I felt they were old ladyish 25 years ago. They don’t appeal to me at all and project a Look that is very much NOT me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had many high quality leather bags, loved them but there came a time my back would hurt ,from using them i like some of her bags,i do not spend alot of money on handbags,i do not have that type of life style.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.