Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU LIKE VERA BRADLEY BAGS?

I have the solid black tote bag I use for trips or use as a diaper bag when taking care of a little one. I also have two iPad cases which I love. I can't believe how structured and well made this brand is.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a need for a print but this past summer I wanted a lightweight black bag and purchased a VB. The quality was lacking and by the end of the summer the stitching was frayed and I tossed it.

I love VB readers and have a nice collection but I won't purchase another handbag from them again....

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Yes and no, while I not longer like her designs for every day, I love them for travel.

@I am still oxox  I agree with you!  AND I do like some of the leather ones.  They are pricy but good bags and classic styles.

I am VERY over 95 percent of the printed ones except for travel and don't need to update those. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624May you live many years as an old lady!

But if you're fearful of that and need a quality lightweight bag, I don't think you can do better than VB's black, navy, link or any other plain color they're showing. 

Honored Contributor

There was a period where all I ever carried was a VB purse but I gave them all away and moved on.  

Valued Contributor

@Redhead102 wrote:

For those of you that don’t like prints or think VB is “old ladyish” are you aware that VB now comes in solid colors like black, brown, navy, gray, etc.?  They have leather bags in solid colors as well.  I own a tan leather bag that is beautifully made and very soft.  Today’s purchase was a solid black shoulder/crossbody bag.

I collected the fabric ones for many years, usually buying 6-8 each year.  The quality of her bags when they were made in Indiana was excellent.  But over the years, after the move to China and the garishness of some of the prints and the difference in quality, I switched to her leather .  VB leather is as soft as cotton.  They're pricey but worth it.  I also don't have to worry about wearing a printed piece of clothing and clashing.  Her solid color microfiber are also pricey but they last forever.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m mostly a Vera Bradley accessories person. The note cubes, coin purses, market totes, etc. The mini notebook is a favorite purchase for me. 

I recently bought the discontinued grand cosmetic bag, New with tags, on eBay. 

But last month, I bought a few travel totes in two of the new patterns and then bought the Hipster in two patterns. I haven’t had a VB purse in years, but I love two of the new patterns. 

I went to the store yesterday. 30% off total sale, free $30 candle, free roll of wrapping paper and a free mini Red velvet bundt cake. Great sale and some nice freebies. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

They're not my thing.  Years ago, I did like some of their prints but anymore they've gotten bolder & brighter and I just don't care for them. If I see a display of VB in a store, it hurts my eyes to the point where I just totally ignore them even though I do know they offer solids  now too.  I did manage to find a great deal an oversized tote about 8 or 9 years ago that I do like but only use it for traveling.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I have several. I like them in the warmer months. I choose solids or patterns that aren’t so wild in color. My 19 year old daughter likes them too!

Respected Contributor

I like the travel bags and accessories.

The only handbag I have is a crossbody.  

I absolutely love their new print Winter Berry.  It's one of the prettiest prints they've come out with in a long time.