Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE HOLIDAY?

I love everything Halloween -- love the colors and motifs.

i also like that there's no big meal attached to the daySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I enjoy the Christmas season for myself.  Decorating, baking and celebrating the religious aspect in my own way on my own schedule.  For a social celebration I Love Thanksgiving.  Everyone has something to be thankful for even if it's just making it through to another Thanksgiving day.  Good food and friends at the table.  I couldn't ask for better.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanksgiving, just food and family, no stress.

Trusted Contributor

I have two favorites ~ Christmas & Easter.  This is not only for religious reasons, but things just seem "nicer" at Christmastime.  It's always so sad when the lights come down and everything is back to normal (at least for me, anyway).  I love the way everything comes to life at Easter ~ the days are a bit warmer, the fish in our backyard pond are out of their winter torpor, and the trees and shrubs are beginning to bud.  Everything is becoming green again.  As much as I worry about our fish during the winter months, I still feel fortunate to be able to enjoy the different seasons.

Honored Contributor

Being that I like fall more than winter, my vote is for Thanksgiving. Plus, we decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving so that weekend is the greatest one in my opinion.
Respected Contributor

Thanksgiving, it's all about family, friends, & food, no gifts etc, just love it, but I do have to say Christmas is also one of the bes

Frequent Contributor

No Now that most of my family is gone, and the family I do have left really doesnt celebrate.

If I had to choose I guess it would be Christmas.  My favorite part of the season is going to different neighborhoods looking at all the decorations.

Trusted Contributor

Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

The Fourth of July.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I used to be a Christmas fanatic.lol. I lived for Christmas, now not so much. I am just not into it since my grand kids are getting older (17,15, 11). I now buy gift cards for them to shop for what they want, and I get them a few gifts to open. Same with my kids. Its not the same anymore as when my grand kids were younger. Plus I don't look forward to decorating and all. Too much work w my bad back. (My husband does the outside and I do the inside). Anyway I put on a happy face for everyone. lol. I wouldn't ever want to ruin it for them.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles