Respected Contributor

Re: DO NOT BUY A TRACFONE PHONE

It sounds like you may have run out of service days and maybe still had minutes. What did your phone say it tells you how many minutes and service days left so if you watched that you should not have run out. I agree there service is poor.

Respected Contributor

as long as you have service days your phone should be active.   if your service days have ended and you do not buy service days the phone will be deactivated, TF is clear on that point.  why else would the TF rep arbitrarily deactivate the phone? makes no sense

i buy minutes quite often and check the balance before and after a purchase

when i activate a new phone i call TF and select Tech Support.  i have them transfer mim/txt/dta from the old phone to the new phone. never have had any issues with TF

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seem to have problems with loading the minutes, and sometimes the phone does not have bars. Other than that ok.

I believe if you add minutes after the expired date , you will lose your minutes. I carry over each month.

You were to get a new card on 2/28 (or before,) not later. They don't care how many extra minutes you have, you still have to pay by the date listed on the phone.

Respected Contributor

@wismiss   How frustrating for you!   I read or heard once that you can ask to speak to someone in the US, if you are having trouble understanding the foreign rep.

Honored Contributor

If your year expires, you have to purchase more minutes, even if you still have minutes left on your phone.  I have had as many as 2000 minutes on my phone but my usage date was up.  Had to buy more minutes.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ROFL   Woman LOL

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@wismiss

Sounds like you are confusing minutes with yearly contract service agreement, those are seperate.

There's no way to calculate yearly minutes so that's why all of us who have tracfones are confused.

I buy a phone with 1200 minutes and 1 service agreement lets say today 4/24/17, my service agreement is good until 4/23/18 but that doesn't mean I will use all of the 1200 minutes given.  Either you used them all up or you have some leftover, either way, you still need to extend your service agreement when it comes due on 4/23/18.

I personally always get a new phone, I believe the best deal is to buy a new phone, get the 1200 minutes added to your current phone number and get another 1 year added on. I understand that balance transfers are only good if you get an equal to better phone and that never seems to be a problem. 

Respected Contributor

What a shame you had a problem.  Not only do I love the tracfone and have had it for many years, I have turned so many others on to it as well. 

Honored Contributor

I would not say not to purchase a tracfone, however make sure a tracfone is right for you.  I purchased one and I was purchasing minutes about once a month and the minutes were not cheap, And it was very difficult to get customer service on the phone to purchase minutes.  I like to talk to people instead of doing things on line.  For me it was not a good deal.  I switched to Walmart family unlimited everything for about 50.00 a month.  I loved my phone but unfortunately it was not compatable with the family plan so I had to purchase a new phone.  I guess I talk too much lol.  1350 minutes sounded like a lot but I ran through those quickly.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss   I agree that Tracfone is not all that good.  I purchased more minutes, more data in FEB 2017.  I saw that none of it was tripled.  I called and a person who could barely speak English told me that nothing I purchased could be tripled.  So much for their claim....    So sorry to hear about your nightmare.