Honored Contributor

Re: DO NOT BUY A TRACFONE PHONE

@Ginnywest wrote:

I bought a tracfone from QVC on 4/20/17. It came with tripling of minutes, data and texts for life. Yesterday I purchased data. It did not triple. I live chatted tracfone, and they said it was a QVC problem. Called QVC, and was told I could return the phone. Called and spoke to a CSR at tracfone, who told me that the tripling offer was discontinued on 4/1/17. Emailed QVC so I could start a record for a possible future class action, and was told in a reply email that my phone does have tripling and that tracfone has not notified them of this change in tripling policy. I am powerless against tracfone. On top of that, QVC continues to offer phones with tripling. They need to fix this.

You're already thinking ahead to a class-action lawsuit over this?

The website states clearly that "data only" or "text only" purchases do not triple.

QVC has given you the option of returning the phone.  If you're not happy with the information provided on the Tracfone website or with QVC's response, return the phone and find another cell phone provider that suits your needs better.  I think this world has gone lawsuit crazy.  JMHO!

Valued Contributor

I'd like to know how you got 3 yrs of service time. Time doesn't triple.

Respected Contributor

@wismiss   I had the same thing happen to me not to long ago. I purchased the phone from QVC with triple minutes, etc.  I purchased more minutes and data.  None of it was tripled.   Called several times, talked to people in another country.  It was never resolved...  I hate having to talk to customer service in another country, most of the time I can't even understand them...