Honored Contributor

Re: DO COMMERCIALS INFLUENCE YOU?

I guess commercials do influence me. I am so tired of the Tide commercial that has been running for over a year. The couple are folding clothes and making fun of Grandma's underwear. Then Grandpa walks in, in his underwear.

Tide must be very proud of the commercial because it is so frequent and so often. 

I really don't think making fun of Grandma and Grandpa helps you sell laundry detergent.

Honored Contributor

Ads do not influence me and I watch an ad to completion.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I guess commercials do influence me. I am so tired of the Tide commercial that has been running for over a year. The couple are folding clothes and making fun of Grandma's underwear. Then Grandpa walks in, in his underwear.

Tide must be very proud of the commercial because it is so frequent and so often. 

I really don't think making fun of Grandma and Grandpa helps you sell laundry detergent.

It must be a successful commercial, with public response overall positive - Otherwise it would have been pulled.  Commercial air-time is far too expensive to waste on commercials that are not bringing in customers.  It has nothing to do with how proud they are.  It has to do with results.

(I've never seen that one, btw.)

Esteemed Contributor

No, never watch commercials. We have a dvr and we record everything, (even our local news), and watch things right after they end or the next day, so we can scan out commercials. lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

No, not at all.  I'm like some other's.  I don't watch them.  A commercial means getting something to eat and/or drink and it is a way I fast forward over the commercials!

I was just going to say - commercials come on and that's when I go get a snack or go to the bathrooom.  They are lost on me cuz I also record a lot of programs specifically so I can avoid them.