Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO ANY OF YOU HAVE THAT LAZY KINDA DAY?

[ Edited ]

@Jamma wrote:

@shell garden

Love those pigs---wherever did you get them.

Jamma

@Jamma...... I googled, "animated pigs flying" and copied and pasted it here, lol.

Image result for animated pigs flying
Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Bahunkus probably came from Shell's interpretation of bahonkas which the Urban Dictionary defines as rear end or booty. I saw it here and knew I'd heard something similar before.

@Ms tyrion2....didn't know about the urban dictionary of "bahonkas"....good to know.  I've been saying Bahunkus for years, lol.

Honored Contributor

Never during the week because I work.  But if it happens on the weekend, I've been known to just give in to it, realize I need the rest and spend the day lying around.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Shell, it has to be Yiddish

Esteemed Contributor

Yes....alot of days like that if i don't sleep well the night before.......and also if i get up and run a bunch of errands in the morning............i am useless the rest of the day!!

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden

Thanks they are so cute and my daughter collects pigs.  No live ones thank goodness.

Jamma

Esteemed Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

@shell garden

Thanks they are so cute and my daughter collects pigs.  No live ones thank goodness.

Jamma

@Jamma.....awwww, I think that is an adorable collection.  HEY, look at those pigs tummies, so big but so cute.  Makes me laugh.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shell garden

I have a friend with a rather demanding job.  Her solution is every month she "takes a Sunday off".   She gets up, showers, puts on a fresh nightgown, has a little breakfast,  ... and goes back to bed for the whole day.   She has a stack of magazines to go through, maybe she'll watch a little TV, but only things she can do from her bed.   

Her husband knows he's on his own on that Sunday, so he usually plays golf, meets friends for lunch ... or whatever.   Usually, she also turns her phone off.  

Personally, I thought this "Sunday off" thing was a little dumb .... until I tried it for a few months.   It turned out to be a good day to re-charge, not be subject to others' demands, and just relax.     

IMO, it's not a bad idea to have the occasional "goof off day".

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shell garden

I have a friend with a rather demanding job.  Her solution is every month she "takes a Sunday off".   She gets up, showers, puts on a fresh nightgown, has a little breakfast,  ... and goes back to bed for the whole day.   She has a stack of magazines to go through, maybe she'll watch a little TV, but only things she can do from her bed.   

Her husband knows he's on his own on that Sunday, so he usually plays golf, meets friends for lunch ... or whatever.   Usually, she also turns her phone off.  

Personally, I thought this "Sunday off" thing was a little dumb .... until I tried it for a few months.   It turned out to be a good day to re-charge, not be subject to others' demands, and just relax.     

IMO, it's not a bad idea to have the occasional "goof off day".

@Tinkrbl44.....I LOVE THIS!!!!!  I am also glad you tried your friends' regimen and you liked it too.  Thanks for sharing this.