Honored Contributor

Re: DO ANY OF YOU HAVE THAT LAZY KINDA DAY?

@MaRina wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Yesterday was my day. I didn't sleep that well the night before. I just laid around all day long. Of course this morning I woke up early and gung ho, did two loads of laundry, made breakfast, ran into the city for errands and was back before noon. 

@jaxs mom what did you make?

You deserve a Bravo Woman LOL 

I'm on my third load of laundry, made the bed but that's my limit today until my DH gets home and he makes me go on a walk LOL

@MaRina for breakfast? an omlette with bacon, cheddar cheese and avocado. I do high protein breakfasts. 

I'm about to put the clean sheets back on the bed, I got distracted when the kid brought the mail in with my packages. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I am retired so I have a lot of those days and I love them!!! I do however make sure I do at least one thing a day like today I stripped the bed and remade it after I washed the sheets. There is nothing wrong with having some down time. We as a society have gotten to the point we don't stop to just enjoy the little things in life. It seems if we are not on the go or busy all the time there is something wrong with us. Well there isn't! It is just nice to stop, relax and enjoy life once in a while.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Overslept today, came downstairs to find that my naughtiest cat had fixed his own breakfast. He found a pouch of temptations and helped himself

coffeeeeeee!

It is helping, but have to scurry. We are getting high winds and heat starting today and lasting a week. Have a lot to do to prepare. Need to water before it starts.

LOL @hennypenny sounds like something mine would do. I know my Mr Jax has broken into the cabinet and eaten his lysine treats before. And I thought I'd hidden them well. 

Respected Contributor

Now that I'm retired I can be lazy if I like!  I do make myself do a few essentials (for me!) each day:  I make my bed, put on a pot of coffee, shower and get dressed in something besides a nightgown, put on makeup (in case I get a Facetime call...don't want to scare anybody)....and before I go to bed at night I make sure the sink has no dirty dishes in it.

Other than that....I give myself permission to just veg out, read, watch tv, etc. when I feel the urge to have that kind of a day.

Honored Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

Actually @shell garden I woke up at 3am with a sore throat, allergies. I sprayed flonase up my nose but shoulda started it a week ago I know better.

It's gonna be a long day.

I called Showme, she didn't sound great, said she would call me back later! 

I hopy you feel better, I have to take my allergy meds year round. Winter is terrible for me with the pine pollen. 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@MaRina wrote:

Actually @shell garden I woke up at 3am with a sore throat, allergies. I sprayed flonase up my nose but shoulda started it a week ago I know better.

It's gonna be a long day.

I called Showme, she didn't sound great, said she would call me back later! 

I hopy you feel better, I have to take my allergy meds year round. Winter is terrible for me with the pine pollen. 

@jaxs mom Thanks, fall allergies never hit me before, just  in the last couple of years. 

Enjoy your new goodies, oh your breakfast sounds so good Woman Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

I am retired so I have a lot of those days and I love them!!! I do however make sure I do at least one thing a day like today I stripped the bed and remade it after I washed the sheets. There is nothing wrong with having some down time. We as a society have gotten to the point we don't stop to just enjoy the little things in life. It seems if we are not on the go or busy all the time there is something wrong with us. Well there isn't! It is just nice to stop, relax and enjoy life once in a while.

@Kitlynn I couldn't agree more Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden

Love those pigs---wherever did you get them.

Jamma

Respected Contributor

Bahunkus probably came from Shell's interpretation of bahonkas which the Urban Dictionary defines as rear end or booty. I saw it here and knew I'd heard something similar before.

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

Absolutely!

And since you're retired, you've done your time!