Respected Contributor

For your dates, you're still in Adventure Season.  I agree with previous posters about the scooter.  If you have mobility issues, you probably should get one.  Disneyland and Disneyworld are very different in size.  DL is 500 acres and DW is 43 square miles, approximately the size of San Francisco.  The last time I was at Disneyland, they did not have the magic band yet.  Since you're staying on property, they'll be included (the basic ones: blue, green, pink, yellow...).  Make sure you link it to MDE (My Disney Experience).  Everything is on it:  ADR's, FP+, hotel, it's your room key, and it's linked to credit card if you don't like carrying cash).  Just make sure you have your park passes before your FP+ window opens.  There is a lot more to see and do in DW than DL. 

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Great choice.  My friends stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it.  I'm glad you decided to stay on property.  You should receive notices about when you window opens for FP+ and ADR's.  Make sure you set up the MDE (My Disney Experience) APP on your phone.  Your must have park passes BEFORE logging on to MDE and selecting  your FP+ at 60 day mark.  Be aware that it opens at 7 a.m. and everyone else whose window opens that day will be doing the same thing.  It can get crazy, be prepared to make quick decisions on what you want because they get snatched up. There are 5 seasons for Disney World: Adventure, Choice, Dream, Magic and Premier.  Premier being the dates around holidays such as Easter and Christmas (prices are higher and really no deals to be found).  I looked for the month January and in 2019 on my DVC calendar and the entire month of January (1-31) is considered an Adventure season, which equals for us in DVC the least amount of points to use.  I would imagine that as the time approaches, there may be deals to be had.  Keep checking the website(s) and call.  I do remember seeing some TV commericials about park pass promotions and they were probably during the low season. 

@Beautiful life wrote:

Thanks for the info. I won’t be able to walk a lot in the park, I have bad back/ neck problems, my husband has foot problems. My daughter and son can go early and stay all day. 

I booked at New Orleans Riverside. NO DEALS on ANY HOTEL YET. 

@Beautiful life:  Packages came out today.  Of course website slammed.  You could also try calling.  Good Luck!

Super Contributor

I will be renting a scooter maybe two! I never knew how large DW IS. My husband will complain about his feet but will not want to rent a scooter

Respected Contributor

@Beautiful life wrote:

I will be renting a scooter maybe two! I never knew how large DW IS. My husband will complain about his feet but will not want to rent a scooter

We usually bring at least 2 pairs of shoes per person so one can alternate.  Many schedule breaks mid-day especially if they have young kids.  Go back to resort, have lunch, swim...And some just schedule a non park day and stay at hotel.  We never used to do breaks but we do now. 

Super Contributor

‘Great advice!! Thank you