Honored Contributor
I don’t think I could ever feel comfortable on a cruise ship again. Ever.
Respected Contributor

People have come to appreciate hearth and home more the last few months.  I think people will start to vacation closer to home and to enjoy natural spendors.  The artificial, the sparkles on the staircase, will be out of vogue for a few years. 

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I hate to hear about even more folks losing their jobs. 

I feel bad for people losing jobs. I wish folks would wear masks, social distant and wash hands. This would save lives and get people back to work. 

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg Actually, the answers are fairly simple really.  We just have to do those behaviors.

I would add aggressive testing, tracing, and isolation as needed.  We now have the 15 minute tests and we all could do one daily before we go out.  Maybe the USPS could distribute enuf of those strips to all--about 200 million a day.  We could get this under control.  We are chosing not to.

Occasional Contributor

I wouldn't be going to Disney anyway. Businesses should have never been forced to shut down. Never!

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

@Nuttmeg Actually, the answers are fairly simple really.  We just have to do those behaviors.

I would add aggressive testing, tracing, and isolation as needed.  We now have the 15 minute tests and we all could do one daily before we go out.  Maybe the USPS could distribute enuf of those strips to all--about 200 million a day.  We could get this under control.  We are chosing not to.

@KarenQVC

I received an email yesterday from Quest labs about a new Covid home test kit. This test is not covered by insurance. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I read that Disney plans to layoff 28,000 employees due to the closure. I don't think California Disney is open.  It is very sad for the employees.

@elated 

Wow ....   If 28,000 Disney employees have been working, I find that surprising.  Don't know about Disneyland in CA, but I just didn't think amusement parks anywhere were open.  Hmm.

Esteemed Contributor

The layoffs are widespread but are concentrated in Central Florida and Anaheim.

Both union and non-unionized employees are impacted, included those represented by Actors Equity and hotel,  food and beverage restaurant, Orlando Airport operations, travel reservations, cruise line operations...

Also included are 400 Imagineers located in Glendale,  California. 

Not everyone being impacted works directly in the theme parks.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative.