Honored Contributor

Re: DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE AT LOWES TODAY

You make a good point but they should have had a bag & wipes on them.

It's the responsible thing to do wherever you take a pet.

I went to a night event held at a University outside on their Green, about the size of a football field.    I came home with dog mess on my shoe.    Never again.

@LiveLaughLove wrote:

Perhaps they covered it with the cart while they went to retrieve appropriate materials to clean up the mess.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I believe the shoes are to protect the dog's feet from getting burned on the hot sidewalks. 

Shoekitty said

I have seen shoes for hot sidewalks.  More people need to do that or pick their dogs up when ot gets over 100 here. So,etimes they use dog strollers too.  But when I saw the dog with converse dog shoes it was cool and had just rained.  Maybe they were showing off his new shoes.  They sure were cute.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

There is no comparison between a dog and a child.  None.

Yet you will be taken to task by some who have absolutely no idea the difference between an animal and a human being. Now if that isn't sad???

Oh I don't know. I firmly believe most of us here are intelligent adults who very much understand the difference between a dog and a child. There are, however, differences in the relative value placed on the two by varying points of view. Some might find that 'sad' while others might find it 'sad' that there isn't more value placed on ALL forms of animal life, of which human life is but one form...

Well, I do know @stevieb. There are some here that do not understand the difference between human beings and animals. Clear in a lot of their posts. In fact crystal clear. 

When I once read some posters saying that they would save an animal over a human being if a building was burning down, I knew this forum had jumped the shark.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

There is no comparison between a dog and a child.  None.

Yet you will be taken to task by some who have absolutely no idea the difference between an animal and a human being. Now if that isn't sad???

Oh I don't know. I firmly believe most of us here are intelligent adults who very much understand the difference between a dog and a child. There are, however, differences in the relative value placed on the two by varying points of view. Some might find that 'sad' while others might find it 'sad' that there isn't more value placed on ALL forms of animal life, of which human life is but one form...

Well, I do know @stevieb. There are some here that do not understand the difference between human beings and animals. Clear in a lot of their posts. In fact crystal clear. 

When I once read some posters saying that they would save an animal over a human being if a building was burning down, I knew this forum had jumped the shark.

I understand @Trinity11 you have strong feelings and opinions on the subject. It appears others do too...  I continue to believe that people do very much understand the difference, but we simply don't all place the same relative level of value or importance on the two. To you and others who share you're viewpoint, that's 'sad' but to those with different perspectives, 'sad' would be defined differently... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

"are u trying to seduce me Mrs. *****   " can't remember her name

Anne Brancroft played the role. Everytime I see that pic think of that movie

Mrs. Robinson ?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  well said.  I practice kindness and compassion towards all sentient beings.  So, of course, I value all life.  It is my lifestyle as well as my spiritual belief.  I also respect all opinions and understand that some were raised in such a way that their belief system is different.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

"are u trying to seduce me Mrs. *****   " can't remember her name

Anne Brancroft played the role. Everytime I see that pic think of that movie

Mrs. Robinson ?

Yep @SharkE that's actually a photo of Anne as Mrs. Robinson... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

did U like that movie a lot and why you have it as your avatar?

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I am an animal lover but, DOGS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN STORES!!!!!!!

@January121  There aren’t many stores that allow dogs unless they’re service dogs, etc. I do take Sadie & Molly into Lowe’s, but they do their business outside first (picked up w/ plastic bag), ride in the basket & enjoy getting petted and “loved on” especially by the children in the store. Of course, you cannot take dogs into malls, stores that sell food or drugstores (they sell food now), restaurants, etc.

Especially when my beagles were pups, it was quite essential for them to be socialized, be around strangers, loud noises & I asked the managers at Lowe’s & Home Depot for permission before bringing them inside....always in the shopping basket.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I love to shop with my dog and I'll often take him to Lowe's, Home Depot and (his favorite and mine) Total Wine.

He's a fine canine citizen and has never misbehaved.

I love dogs more than anything and it really p____s me off that so many of them have irresponsible owners.  I can't take my dog to Tent Rocks National Monument because dogs have been banned and I fear that if people don't start picking up their dogs' waste I won't be able to take him to the Petroglyphs, either.

REI has already stopped allowing dogs in their store.  The apartment complex a few blocks away might change their policy, too.  Good grief, they supply bags and people still can't bend/stoop to pick up the mess.

It makes it bad for responsible dog owners who really appreciate being able to take their dogs out in public.

I'm sorry this happened to you @tends2dogs.

@just bee  I agree. Irresponsible pet owners have made it difficult for those of us, who go nowhere w/o a pocket full of plastic bags, to take our dogs w/ us on errands like we used to be able to do.