Esteemed Contributor

Re: DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE AT LOWES TODAY

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Deanie

I'm telling you the things people do nowadays -- yikes!  I've come to the conclusion its better to speak up instead of ignore.  My spouse keeps telling me someday someone is going to shoot me my answer:  at least I'll go down knowing I did something RIGHT!

I just had to let my GD know about her behavior -- Nothing bad but what she was telling me was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE for a 7 year old she "LEARNED" at school.  Tried to tell me her teacher told her ...yeah, right! 

@homedecor1 Ah, your husband displays more class than mine. When he is frustrated by my assertiveness he tells me I am going to get my a** capped someday.😱

@tends2dogs I'm afraid I would have been a bit more vocal than you. I would have gone to get a manager, shown him the pile of c r a p, and suggest he get it cleaned up STAT before I contact the Health Department.

I am a dog person. I love dogs. I live in a large condo community that is very dog-centric. I smile when working in my kitchen and hear a few yelps from an excited dog waiting at the elevator for a walk in the park.

But unless a person is truly in need of a service dog, I don't believe dogs should be allowed INSIDE public establishments. Outside bistros, coffee shops, bars and restaurants are fair game. But the whole "emotional support" dog rights are out of hand and I feel bad for people who might be allergic or even fear them. And to think someone had their dog's butt sitting in my grocery cart is totally disgusting.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee  I'm with you and support responsible dog ownership.  I also take my 6 pound pup and his fleece lightweight bed that fits in the cart.  He is in his harness and well-behaved. (I've taken him on flights and he is better behaved than some children on the plane).  It is, like everything else, the rare bird that is an irresponsible dog owner that would ever allow this to have happened.  It could have been an adult who allowed her young child to pee in the cart seat and not clean up after it.  Maybe young children should not be allowed in the stores!  

I would not take my pup into a store where food is being served/sold.  But he loves his Lowe's and Home Depot outings and we have never had anything but a positive response to his presence.

I'll tell you, given the behaviors demonstrated by some children, (some young and some not so young). and the utter failure to address them by some parents... that would work for me... I'd probably rather encounter the dogs... That said, we all know that with some rare exceptions, parents will never be told they can't bring their children with them to retail establishments... Not sure the same will always be the case with dogs no matter how well behaved they might be...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee  I'm with you and support responsible dog ownership.  I also take my 6 pound pup and his fleece lightweight bed that fits in the cart.  He is in his harness and well-behaved.  It is, like everything else, the rare bird that is an irresponsible dog owner that would ever allow this to have happened.  It could have been an adult who allowed her young child to pee in the cart seat and not clean up after it.  Maybe young children should not be allowed in the stores!  

I would not take my pup into a store where food is being served/sold.  But he loves his Lowe's and Home Depot outings and we have never had anything but a positive response to his presence.

@phoenixbrd

The conversation has centered on emotional support animals, but my dog is not pretending to be something he's not.  I don't know where you live, but here in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho area, dogs are welcome in several stores and bars.  Many restaurants have petios.  Cottonwood Mall has designed a dog park in the parking lot and dogs are allowed inside the mall on Wednesdays.

I can buy adult beverages anywhere in this city, but because Total Wine welcomes my dog I spend my money there.

If I saw you and your pup shopping I wouldn't object at all.  I once worked in retail and now I work in a hospital.  I've seen children do some very disturbing things that could have been avoided had there been a responsible adult present.

It's all about personal responsibility.  Something in short supply these days.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

There is no comparison between a dog and a child.  None.

Honored Contributor

@just bee  I also don't put a "fake" emotional support red vest on my little boy.  So I'm not doing anything that is considered illegal.  We go into stores where he is welcome.  And, yes, if I bought adult beverages, that's where I'd be shopping too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369  I find it sad that this is your belief.  But I respect all opinions.

My dog sitting in the cart on his fleece bed is much cleaner that a kid with a dirty diaper on the cart seat....ewwwww! . But then maybe that is what you meant.

@Bri369 wrote:

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Yet you will be taken to task by some who have absolutely no idea the difference between an animal and a human being. Now if that isn't sad???

Esteemed Contributor

My girl in lowes. She loves it and is perfectly behaved. It’s a shame others have to ruin it for everyone else.

4A5C4C28-953A-41CC-823A-8B1225BD256F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

My girl in lowes. She loves it and is perfectly behaved. It’s a shame others have to ruin it for everyone else.

4A5C4C28-953A-41CC-823A-8B1225BD256F.jpeg

Such a pretty face, I love goldens.