Honored Contributor

Re: DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE AT LOWES TODAY

You've been in group long time I see. Guess after you retired you have really enjoyed it in here. Bet you haven't missed an episode of Y&R.

Honored Contributor

Customers should not have to be watching their step in any store to make sure they don't step in dog poo. Only service animals should be allowed in stores....and even then the owner should be responsible for cleaning up after their animal. If they aren't able to do so, they should have someone accompany them who can. The whole service animal thing has been taken advantage of by people who just want to bring their dog with them....I don't want to put my purse in the seat of a shopping cart if a dog's backend has been sitting in it!
Respected Contributor

I too, feel that this “ emotional support animal thing is getting out of control.

we went to dinner with a couple, and I was shocked when they walked in to the restaurant with their dog. Then she pulled a fake document out of her purse to show me, mumbling something about getting it from a friend. I was disgusted.

These people also , ( from out of town) show up at our house with their dog , when I tell them every time they have been here, that I don’t allow dogs in my house due to allergies. 

They arrived today, to be here for three days.  I open my door and their dog runs right in ahead of them. I stop the dog and say “ please don’t let the dog in” and they act surprised like they’ve never heard me say it before.

I just shake my head at the gall of some people.

Super Contributor

I think service dogs only in stores. Everyone thinks their dog won’t cause a problem, but what if some tries to pet it and the dog snaps at the person? What about people who are scared of dogs? Or allergic? 

And I agree, I do not want to use a shopping cart where a dog’s butt has been.

service dogs are highly trained and are in fact, working.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2

@Catty2 wrote:

What an awful experience.  I always look at the floors when I'm at Petsmart but not Lowes.  I notice more people bringing their dogs to all kinds of stores, even the library sometimes.   

Our library has a children program called, "Read to a Dog" and a dog is welcome.  It is important for dog owners to be responsible.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess

@lovesrecess wrote:
Customers should not have to be watching their step in any store to make sure they don't step in dog poo. Only service animals should be allowed in stores....and even then the owner should be responsible for cleaning up after their animal. If they aren't able to do so, they should have someone accompany them who can. The whole service animal thing has been taken advantage of by people who just want to bring their dog with them....I don't want to put my purse in the seat of a shopping cart if a dog's backend has been sitting in it!

By law, a dog is not suppose to be in a cart.  But rather a dog than a poopy diaper.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@lovesrecess

@lovesrecess wrote:

By law, a dog is not suppose to be in a cart.  But rather a dog than a poopy diaper.

NEITHER!  It's the same "issue" as it were. 

Honored Contributor

Most dogs are cleaner than humans.   It's the human's fault that poop wasn't cleaned up, not the dog's.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@January121 wrote:

I am an animal lover but, DOGS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN STORES!!!!!!!

I am too and I absolutely agree... And hooey on this 'emotional support' nonsense. When I rule the world only bona fide service animals will be allowed in stores, even pet stores. Unless you're taking your dog for grooming or to the in-store vet, there is no reason for Fido to tag along.

Veterans and lots of people have PTSD and require emotional support animals.  I'd rather they have their animals with them than suffer while in a store.  there is no need for them to make them suffer while shopping.

Yes, people need to pick up after their animals.  It's the human's fault if they didn't clean up.  Put the blame where it belongs, at the human's feet.

Honored Contributor

Since we're talking about service dogs, here's one now:

Sully

Sully, the service dog of George Herbert Walker Bush.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~