Honored Contributor

Your call was made to the wrong company.  It was a Chase Visa and a mystery Amazon purchase.  First call should have been to Chase.  Next call to Amazon.

I'm really tired tonight and apologize, I haven't read all the replies, but why did you involve USAA at all (which I though was an insurance company?  I learned something new today).  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I called USAA for insurance several years ago...their rates were so high, I would never consider using them....sorry you are having an issue with your credit card.  I've been there with my discover card, and it is irritating, but discover handled the problem for me.

Esteemed Contributor

The OP made it quite clear in her first post that the charge came through on her USAA credit card bill and NOT on her Amazon Prime card which is issued and managed by Chase.  

The first step is to dispute the charge in writing to preserve her rights. (I'm not sure if emails are acceptable). She doesn't have vendor information she said, only Amazon Marketplace.  Amazon also can't credit her USAA accouct as they have no access to that account to do so.  @pdlinda 

Now Amazon is unusual in their Customer service and for a Prime credit card holder and the small amount may choose to issue a courtesy credit on her Prime card.  That still leaves an unpaid amount on the Usaa which has not been paid and they are out the money as they paid the vendor.

Send a letter, registered immeditely to USAA, office of the President, and the one to the adress provided on your bill.  You still have time and explain everything in de4tail but no need to mention your Chase card.  Good Luck

Honored Contributor

Re: DISGUSTED WITH USAA

[ Edited ]

I had a dispute on my USAA credit card. I wrote a letter and sent it registered mail.

It was corrected the next billing cycle. No problem.

PS - I thought anytime you dispute a credit card charge, you have to give the credit card company the reason why you are disputing the charge in writing. They can't use a phone call to correct the dispute.

Respected Contributor

Re: DISGUSTED WITH USAA

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda 

So sorry to hear of this trouble with USAA.  My husband has been with them for about 50 years.  They have always given us the most excellent service with any insurance claim.

We once had a fraudulent charge on our credit card with them and they sent us the forms to fill out and handled it for us.  It was resolved immediately.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

If I'm reading this correctly, the USAA credit card was the card that was fraudulently used for an Amazon purchase. The Chase credit card has nothing to do with the transaction - it's just a comment by the OP that she only uses the Chase card for her own initiated purchases.

Chase has nothing to do with this. I'd be surprised if Amazon will help. Your problem is with the company that issued the credit card that was used fraudulently - USAA. I don't understand why their fraud unit has not done a better job of taking care of this issue.

If it was me, I'd send a letter to the head of the credit card fraud department at USAA, with a copy to the CEO and COO (find their names on their website or call the company and ask), and also a copy to your state's Attorney General. Be sure to indicate when this was originally reported to USAA and provide as much supporting information as you can. There is no way that this should have gone on this long, especially for the small dollar amount. Stop making phone calls - put everything in writing and get tough with them.

And forget about Chase and Amazon - they have nothing in this. It's between you and your credit card issuer. Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Your call was made to the wrong company.  It was a Chase Visa and a mystery Amazon purchase.  First call should have been to Chase.  Next call to Amazon.

I'm really tired tonight and apologize, I haven't read all the replies, but why did you involve USAA at all (which I though was an insurance company?  I learned something new today).  

@gidgetgh   I think you missed my post where I explained what happened and @pdlinda  agreed that I was correct.  It was not a Chase Visa.  It was a USAA Visa.  

She has two Visa cards.  Her Chase Visa is what she always uses on Amazon.  She has a USAA Visa that she uses other places.  The USAA Visa was used for the fraudulent purchase.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Chase.  It is a completely separate credit card--not related or connected in any way.  The only reason she mentioned Chase in her OP is because that is the one she uses for Amazon.  It is NOT the one that was used in this case.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh   I think you missed my post where I explained what happened and @pdlinda  agreed that I was correct.  It was not a Chase Visa.  It was a USAA Visa.  

She has two Visa cards.  Her Chase Visa is what she always uses on Amazon.  She has a USAA Visa that she uses other places.  The USAA Visa was used for the fraudulent purchase.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Chase.  It is a completely separate credit card--not related or connected in any way.  The only reason she mentioned Chase in her OP is because that is the one she uses for Amazon.  It is NOT the one that was used in this case.

Off topic, How is Ava and Henry? Hope everything is good for you. Thank you for being so kind to explain the OP's dilemma.

Honored Contributor

@elated   Ava and Henry are both doing great.  Thank you for asking about them.  I posted a picture of Henry on the Pet Lovers forum yesterday called "Henry Among His Dog Friends."

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@elated   Ava and Henry are both doing great.  Thank you for asking about them.  I posted a picture of Henry on the Pet Lovers forum yesterday called "Henry Among His Dog Friends."

I went to the Pet Lover's forum and found the picture. Henry is so handsome. He seems to have a fun personality.