Esteemed Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

Booth...and sit across from each other...

I don't know, but to me sitting next to each other seems odd...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

@pupwhipped wrote:

Tends, hubby and I are booth people all the way! It's cozier and feels more removed from others...we're antisocial. Ha! And we've never sat next to each other and never will. I don't even understand the concept. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I do. I'm having a flash back from last summer of this young couple sitting beside each other in a booth practically going all the way, if you get my drift. I almost lost my bread pudding having to witness it. Yuck!        

I hate to admit it, @pupwhipped, but we are pretty nonsocial, too.  Hey, I'll just put it out there - we don't have friends we go out with. HA!  I tell my DH that if I go first (as in pass away), he should just ride around in his truck (quite shiny and nice) and let Willie ride in the front with the window down.  Willie is a chick magnet - really a people magnet.  DH will be back sitting in a booth with some new Willie lover in no time. Cat Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

A booth is my preference because they're just more comfortable.  And, it's always sitting across from each other.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

We prefer booths and we sit across from each other.  I feel exposed when we have to get a table.  With a booth, you're eating out but with a little privacy, it seems.  There's more room for your food, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I prefer a booth simply because I feel it's more private. I will sit at a table, but not in the middle of a room, I would walk out and find some place else to eat.

Respected Contributor

If we're alone, we prefer a booth and sitting across from each other so we can talk more easily. If we're with another couple, then we sit adjacent to each other.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I hate to wait, so I'll take whatever is available.  If I have a choice, with equal wait times, I'll take a booth.  If it's just the two of us at a table, I prefer to sit at a 90 degree angle... sitting on adjacent sides of the table.  That way, we can look at each other, but are closer and can have a more private conversation.  In a booth, usually across from each other.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs, It has been quite a while since we have been there, so I don't remember how much they charge for a "cozy" booth (their term--not mine).  We did not stop going there because of the seating charge, but we did stop because the food was not great for the price; and, there could not be any menu changes.  For example, they had excellent Diver scallops and excellent risotto.  If the risotto was on the menu for other entrees but not the scallops, the chef refused to accommodate a request.  The food was not good enough (and reviews are still not great) to deal with a tempermental chef.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

DH & I go out to eat often. We prefer a booth & always sit across from each other.We look at each other when we speak & often reach across the table & hold hands!!

Honored Contributor

booth and sit across