Esteemed Contributor

DID YOU ENJOY PREGNANCY? DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?? HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR???

I noticed on Big World Little People that Tori is not enjoying pregnancy.  This seems to be a common feeling among younger people (on TV) that they just want to get it over with......instant gratification, I guess Smiley Happy

Anyway, it made me wonder if you ladies enjoyed your pregnancies, were you sick, and was the birthing process and easy one?

I loved being pregnant, more so after a month of severe morning sickness - I lost 20 pounds!  After that passed, I enjoyed it immensely.  My labor was 5 hours.  Pretty easy, peezy.  I only had one child and I loved the whole experience.

What about you?  Do you care to share?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: DID YOU ENJOY PREGNANCY? DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?? HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR???

I had easy, trouble-free pregnancies, but didn't love being pregnant like some women.  I saw it as a means to an end.  I was glad when it was over and I got that baby.  My labors were only a couple hours start to finish so I was lucky.

Honored Contributor

Re: DID YOU ENJOY PREGNANCY? DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?? HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR???

I've had four pregnancies with one being a miscarriage. I did not like being pregnant at all, terrible morning sickness and other issues. I've come to find out that I had my autoimmune illness in my 20's (before it was discovered in my 40's) when I had my babies that made my pregnancies difficult.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

I loved being pregnant all 3 times but probably because they were all so easy. 3 C sections. I did not work so that may have helped.

Our eldest did not enjoy her pregnancies. Two pregnancies the second with twins. She did have nausea and like so many others worked the whole time. She also had two c sections.

Anyway, I loved being pregnant. Enjoyed every minute of it

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first one was very easy - very little morning sickness and felt great.  Towards the end, wasn't sleeping comfortably. 

Second one, I was sick from day one up until delivery.  I would get sick 5 or 6 times a day.    Around 6 months, I got pre-eclampsia and was on hospital bedrest for six weeks.  It was very difficult to be away from my 2 year old.  I delivered a month early and was very happy to go home with a healthy baby. 

I had two relatively easy labors with no epidurals. 

Honored Contributor

I had a little nausea during the first tri, but always carried cheezits.  Gained about 70 lbs.  Loved being pregnant!  Only thing was the need to p often...jeez!  Stuck on the Ike....thank you southside and Westside Mcdonald's, etc. for letting this woman use your bathrooms!

Easy labor too....thank you epidural!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Enjoyed it completely it was so easy and carefree.  The alarm went off that morning and I discovered I was having labor pains five minutes a part.  Slept through all of the earlier hours.  Dr. was just glad it was not the week-end when my husband and I did not turn on the alarm.  A 30 minute trip to the hospital and four hours later with no drugs or anesthesia I had a baby boy almost born in my labor room instead of the delivery room.  Piece of cake.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

No, I don't remember loving pregnancy.  I had morning sickness for 7 months the first time, and 6 months the second time.   I fell both times I was pregnant; no injuries, but jarring falls each time.   Thankfully my labors were extremely short; I could have done drive thru delivery service if such a thing existed.   I knew I was done after baby #2.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

My first one was very easy - very little morning sickness and felt great.  Towards the end, wasn't sleeping comfortably. 

Second one, I was sick from day one up until delivery.  I would get sick 5 or 6 times a day.    Around 6 months, I got pre-eclampsia and was on hospital bedrest for six weeks.  It was very difficult to be away from my 2 year old.  I delivered a month early and was very happy to go home with a healthy baby. 

Wow, @Bri36, that must have been tough!  Did you lose a lot of weight?  Such different pregnancies....was one a girl and one a boy??? ...probably doesn't really make a difference ?? 

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Enjoyed it completely it was so easy and carefree.  The alarm went off that morning and I discovered I was having labor pains five minutes a part.  Slept through all of the earlier hours.  Dr. was just glad it was not the week-end when my husband and I did not turn on the alarm.  A 30 minute trip to the hospital and four hours later with no drugs or anesthesia I had a baby boy almost born in my labor room instead of the delivery room.  Piece of cake.

Piece of cake indeed, @beckyb1012!!  Is that your baby's foot in your Avatar?