Esteemed Contributor

Re: DID THIS JURY GET IT RIGHT?

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

They should have been awarded MORE money and the officer should do some time in prison. Really. I don't think we should treat animals any different from humans. 

SERIOUSLY? The officer had dog prints on her so the dog was actually in contact with her body. It was a large dog - it was snarling and growling - really, what do you think she should do? Please - tell me what her alternative was. DOGS ARE NOT PEOPLE. They don't speak or understand english. You can't just tell them to stop.

@151949

Excuse me, but haven't you stated that you were not there?

Also, the report says she is wrong, the officer lied about the dog being aggressive.

From the OP's cited article:   

Photographs of Price after the shooting showed muddy paw prints on his pants and shirt.

Sounds aggressive to me.  

Paw prints on pants are aggressive?  Get out!  Could be a welcome too @Isobel Archer.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

They should have been awarded MORE money and the officer should do some time in prison. Really. I don't think we should treat animals any different from humans. 

SERIOUSLY? The officer had dog prints on her so the dog was actually in contact with her body. It was a large dog - it was snarling and growling - really, what do you think she should do? Please - tell me what her alternative was. DOGS ARE NOT PEOPLE. They don't speak or understand english. You can't just tell them to stop.

@151949

Also, the report says she is wrong, the officer lied about the dog being aggressive.

Photographs of Price after the shooting showed muddy paw prints on his pants and shirt.

Sounds aggressive to me.  

Paw prints on pants are aggressive?  Get out!  Could be a welcome too @Isobel Archer.

Paw prints on shirt too.  

Honored Contributor

Anyone that has been around this Bulletin Board any length of time, knows my family's love for all animals. I also am a strong supporter of anyone in law enforcement. 

Without sitting on that jury and hearing/seeing all the evidence, I will see if there is an appeal trial upcoming. Really do not like giving opinions unless I have been privy to everything involved in a trial.

Used to watch "In Session" where you saw exactly what the jury saw and heard. There I felt I knew enough to agree or disagree with the decision of the jury panel for that trial. Really miss seeing that show and it is the closest thing there is, other than being on the jury, or personally being someone involved in the trial itself.

Sat on many jury panels and loved doing it.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@151949

Sounds aggressive to me.  

Paw prints on shirt too.  

I wonder how many people get dog paw prints on them from dogs being in the backyard of their own home?  The dogs posed no threat (based on what the medical

examiner stated @Isobel Archer.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@151949

Sounds aggressive to me.  

@itiswhatitis@Isobel Archer  No dog of mine ever jumped on a person to welcome them.  That is a poorly trained dog.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is why the human or dog has to be killed?  How about stopping someone by shooting in the leg or foot.  That always confused me especially with humans unless it's absolutely necessary that the person has a gun and started shooting but when someone is unarmed but aggressive, shoot that person in the leg and/or foot to stop him.  Cat HappyHeart  I think some of these police officers let their title go to their heads and think they are playing cops and robbers.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@151949

It was investigated - as ALL police shootings are and she was found faultless. Even if they only shoot a rock - when a law officer discharges their weapon it must be investigated.

@151949

Read the news report, I highlighted it in blue for you.

Your dislike of dogs is blocking the reality of the report.

See the top of page 8.  Blue.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

SAME REPORT:

"Vern was shot on Feb. 1, 2014. Price said he was attacked by Vern at the Reeves home. The jury found that the officer was not attacked by the dog, and that the shooting violated Vern's owner's constitutional rights and was committed with gross negligence, Hansel said."

@151949

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@151949

Sounds aggressive to me.  

@itiswhatitis@Isobel Archer  No dog of mine ever jumped on a person to welcome them.  That is a poorly trained dog.

@Cakers3 I suggest you run over to youtube to watch the hundreds of videos of dogs greeting their owners or family members after a long period of time.  Some dogs even do this without an extended absence.  One dog got so excited from seeing a loved one the dog fainted.

What kind of dog owner are you?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Finally and most importantly, THE DOG IN QUESTION WAS IN THE CONFINES OF HIS OWN HOME.  THE Officer was canvassing the area in regards to a robbery and went into their yard.  

Officer canvassing should have had back up at the very least.  You can't just go killing dogs because you have a job to do.

*Call Tyrone*