Respected Contributor

Re: DH's former co-workers, wow.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   What a fine tribute to your husband and their thoughtfulness a comfort for you and your children.

Thank you for posting such an uplifting story.  You are still kept in my prayers and thoughts during a still difficult time of transition.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry for your loss but we still have some good people in this world.

Respected Contributor

That warms my heart!  Thanks for sharing!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2   What a wonderful tribute to your husband.  It speaks volumes about the man he was for his coworkers to go so far out of their way to extend their condolences to you.  

It reminds me of when my dad died.  There were about 150 people at the service, going way back.  But the ones who touched me the most were his employees.  And of them, it was the one who showed up in jeans.  He was embarrassed by his attire, but had only found out about the death and service that morning, and dropped everything to be there to show his respects.  I was so grateful, and, while I knew the quality man my father was, I could only think, "Dad, you did good!"  Sounds like your husband did as well.

Honored Contributor

what a loving touching gesture your late husband co workers did. Your husband was much loved and thought of highly at his job. He must have been a wonderful, kind caring person.

I am so sorry for this huge loss to you.

Honored Contributor

What a nice thing for you and the thoughtfulness of your husbands co-workers!

This reminded me of the "kindness" of strangers (to us) when my dad passed after a short illness & stroke.  Prior to him falling ill he was a USAC (indy race cars) Technical Supervisor for over 20 years to legends such as Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, Wally Dallenbach & others.  He was their crew USAC person at Indy 500 for years.

Upon the news of his passing we received a beautiful plaque, USAC memorabilia featuring him & cards of sympathy from the big shots in USAC and many indy drivers.  It was absolutely "heartwarming" in our sadness to know he was so "loved" by those we didn't know!

Kudos to his co-workers! Hope you're doing well😊

Honored Contributor

I think cards that people send in the mail are still appreciated and are not as old-fashioned and out of style as many have said they are. I still send sympathy cards, birthday cards, etc. I love sending them and receiving them...I am sure the thoughtfulness of the cards meant a lot to you.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing this lovely heart warming story.  Obviously your DH's co-workers thought very highly of him, driving thirty miles to your local post office speaks volumes.  I am sure you were very touched by it.  Heart  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

What a touching story. I hope you are doing ok as well...