Honored Contributor

DH Retires end of this month (June)

We just came back from the financial advisor's and got a lot discussed and papers signed.   

This feels like a huge milestone in our 35 plus years together....much bigger deal than turning 50 or 60. Right up their with how I felt on my Wedding Day and the day we bought our first home. A milestone

All the hard work and years of investing and building our nest egg  now comes to fruition. Huge weight off my shoulders worrying about this and that and knowing we are OK...on track and doing the right steps to enjoy the rest of our lives.

Honored Contributor

Re: DH Retires end of this month (June)

Congratulations to Mr. SeaMaiden and you, too, of course.

It is a very big transition. I hope you and your family enjoy it to the utmost. You're fortunate to have that nest egg.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden my DH just retired last Friday.He is happily getting caught up on sleep,yard work and relaxation.He left a message for all of his contacts online...Retire,audios!(I may have spelled incorrectly)

We too planned hard for retirement and I think everything is going to work out well as long as we stay healthy.hope you two have a long happy and healthy retirement with a few exciting adventures thrown in.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations @SeaMaiden and hubby!  So nice to see you are so excited about his retirement.  I know many women who don't want their husbands to retire.  Cute that you said it is right up there with how you felt on your wedding day!   He must really appreciate your excitement!  Enjoy a long and healthy life together.

Honored Contributor

Image result for congrats on retirement pics

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

We just came back from the financial advisor's and got a lot discussed and papers signed.   

This feels like a huge milestone in our 35 plus years together....much bigger deal than turning 50 or 60. Right up their with how I felt on my Wedding Day and the day we bought our first home. A milestone

All the hard work and years of investing and building our nest egg  now comes to fruition. Huge weight off my shoulders worrying about this and that and knowing we are OK...on track and doing the right steps to enjoy the rest of our lives.

A milestone is right..I was so worried when we made the decision to retire..now, 6 years later, it was the best decision..a big adjustment for sure, after working & saving for 45 years..

enjoy your well-deserved retirement! 

Honored Contributor

Yay, @SeaMaiden!  Have you been checking out a new neighborhood?  I was so happy when my husband retired.

Honored Contributor

Thank-you everyone for your kind words!🙂

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Yay, @SeaMaiden!  Have you been checking out a new neighborhood?  I was so happy when my husband retired.

@tansy  No plans  to move in the next 5 years..... kind of see how things go here....get comfortable with the new situation...lots to consider.  If we do move, it would be in the area, but a  ranch style home, smaller yard....a 55 and older community most likely.

Respected Contributor

DH retired Jan 1st this year. He is more relaxed and been busy moving my DD into a townhouse & doing little things that need repair while she is at work. Love to go to grocery or any stores mid week not crowded. We take each day as we want, sometimes do things around house or errands. Sometimes we eat a late lunch and just have a snack for dinner or other days I cook dinner. Just do what you want because you earned it.