Honored Contributor

Re: DH JUST SENT ME THIS FROM THE NEW YORKER, LOL!

Image result for lol animated images

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Image result for lol animated images

@meallen616  This is great!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I would never treat my husband like a child nor order him about as though he were a servant. We respect one another.

What does your statement have to do with this post?  You're off base and reading more into it than there is.  No one is treating anyone as a servant or a child.

It's a joke that went right over your head.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Now that is funny.  Only reversed here.  My DH was helping me landscape today and he was getting annoyed that everything he did was not pleasing to me.  

I had to keep an eye on him so it was done to my Satisfaction.  He laughed at your post too.

I got the joke. How is your post, last sentence, not treating your husband like a child or a servant? Done to your satisfaction, what about what prefers or is he just labor while you are management.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I would never treat my husband like a child nor order him about as though he were a servant. We respect one another.

Oh for heaven's sake, people can poke fun at each other, their short comings and quirks, and still have respect. My husband and I get a chuckle out of such things on a regular basis.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake, people can poke fun at each other, their short comings and quirks, and still have respect. My husband and I get a chuckle out of such things on a regular basis.

@Mominohio, here we go again, lol.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Now that is funny.  Only reversed here.  My DH was helping me landscape today and he was getting annoyed that everything he did was not pleasing to me.  

I had to keep an eye on him so it was done to my Satisfaction.  He laughed at your post too.

I got the joke. How is your post, last sentence, not treating your husband like a child or a servant? Done to your satisfaction, what about what prefers or is he just labor while you are management.

I am the armature landscaper in the family.  Hubby offered to help and asked what he could do.  I asked him if he could edge the foundation area by the front door so I could put down tanbark.  He dug a ditch about 8 inches wide and 6 inches deep which I could cover with tan bark, but if someone walked over that area it would be dangerous and they would fall. 

i would never be satisfied until I knew it was done safely.   Appreciated his work, but I had to fill in  most of what he dug out.  He didn't quite understand what edge meant.

He was not upset and neither was I.  When I showed him the cartoon, he laughed.  I have been with my DH for 48 years, we have been married 44 years.  

We we know how to laugh and not be too serious about life.   He is my partner, not a child or servant. We both do hard labor around our home.