Valued Contributor

DELIBERATE MISREPRESENTATION?

Right now Authentic Gourment Apple Filled Lattice Pastries are on air. I thought they looked good and Rachel and the vendor both talked about smelling the butter when you bake them. I decided to look up the ingredients and there was NO butter! Just vegetable oils and fats, rapeseed and palm oils. I am wondering if the vendor, knowing that Authentic Gourmet is famous for their French butter, just wanted to keep the "butter" theme going, knowing full well that these did not contain butter. I have to say it turned me off immediately. I am having trust issues with QVC right now anyway, so this didn't help.

Honored Contributor

Re: DELIBERATE MISREPRESENTATION?

Perhaps they put butter on top of the pastry. David frequently mentions butter when presenting items that do not contain butter. He seems to like putting butter on top of many of the food items. Maybe Rachel does too.

Esteemed Contributor

I have another one for you which really upsets me under the beauty department.  Wrinkles, lines whatever makes us look old.  QVC has magic potions and creams etc.  The  people showing it, standing behind it have had Botox or the like surgery. It "ain't the product... 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@furbabylover  I just fact checked you, and can confirm that you are correct! I wonder if it was just some random babbling from Rachel. Their butter croissants do have butter, but not these.

Honored Contributor

If they say buttery, it's probably a slight misrepresentation. However to say they can smell the butter - now that's a lie.

Valued Contributor

Both Rachel and the vendor discussed the smell of the butter while these were baking, so both of them took up the theme.

Esteemed Contributor

Fact checker #2 here.  Indeed no butter.  A horrible list of other things.  Wouldn't go near these things and I do like apple.

Minor point, they mention rapeseed oil which is an oddity.  Usually they just go for the canola.

Honored Contributor

I tuned in to see the denim Jayne was wearing and Rachel was presenting the pastry.  She distinctly mentioned the "layers and butter between them, then more butter in the apples".  Maybe that's what she was told and she believed it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Did not see the presentation, however, could it have been the pie crust and lattice strips that were made with butter.

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Did not see the presentation, however, could it have been the pie crust and lattice strips that were made with butter.

From the listed description:  A perfect addition to your breakfast bar, brunch buffet, or dessert table, these lattice pastries feature a generous apple filling stuffed into a buttery crust. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.