Esteemed Contributor

DELETED PICTURES ON A TRACPHONE - GONE FOREVER?

First time ever, I deleted a group of pictures by mistake.  I can't find any kind of place on this phone where they might be.  I guess they are gone with the wind.........or are they???

Anyone know?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: DELETED PICTURES ON A TRACPHONE - GONE FOREVER?

Maybe call Tracphone and tell them which model your phone is and they can give guidance. In general, most phones have an area where “recently deleted” pictures are held and then, at a set expiration interval, they are permanently deleted. If Tracphone maintains a Cloud for their customers, then all your saved photos may have been backed up on their Cloud and those you deleted are retrievable. 

I would  either call Tracphone directly or I’d take the model number and Google it as “Tracphone model ABC123 and deleted photos” and see how this has been addressed. There are way more chances of commentary and advice on a Google search relating to your model. 

Trusted Contributor

Is it an android phone? They could be synced to your google account and on the cloud.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Wouldn't be a bad idea to also post over on the Electronics forum.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Tends2dogs, sorry you lost a group of pictures.

Tracfone user here, too, a Samsung Galaxy J3, and my backup is using Samsung's Cloud for (phone) but also syncs data across other Samsung devices like my Samsung Galaxy Tablet, which I use, as well. Even backup to my Google gmail account, too.

Don't know what kind of phone you are using, but if it is an android those are a few of the options you can take to avoid losing pictures, text messages, etc. in the future.

Honored Contributor

I would call Tracphone customer.  

Honored Contributor

I can't find some of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow I  hope you can get them back. Did you look into the download folder section of phone? And thanks, because youre post reminded me I need to get my pictures off my Tracfone! I have tons and I cant get them off using the cord from phone to my computer, I have to send all my pictures to myself via email OR Facebook instant messenger which takes forever when you have a lot. Because I still like to put them on disc and get a lot printed (old school).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

If you search “how to retrieve deleted pictures from tracphone” and your model and make of phone you will see step by step instructions. 

Hope this works for you.