Respected Contributor

Re: DEER from a neighboring subdivision

When I worked at AT & T, there was a wildlife sanctuary nearby.  Every late afternoon, you could see a herd of deer grazing.  At the very end of the grouping would be an albino deer by itself.  One of the hunters in the group mentioned that protects the rest of the herd from being harmed.  Sad to see that lone deer !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

WOW!  Thanks for sharing the photo....I never even knew Albino deer existed...AMAZING!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think Albie (my name for him) travels far.  I'm sure he stays with his herd.  We'd welcome him, of course, but I don't think he'll come.  We may drive thru this part of the lake to try to get pictures.  I believe there are more there.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick 

I know albino animals are revered in many cultures, but have also read that they, just as albino humans once were, are shunned by others of their kind.  I hope Mr. Albie has friends so they can all watch out for one another.

I just hate to think that he might be lonely. 😔 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shoe itty said.     Oh thank you for that photo of Dragon.  What a beauty.  This universe has the most beautiful and interesting  things.   Share the beauty.  Had that deer not have been posted I would have missed out on one more gorgeous thing.  am I ever  glad he is on a preserve and in good hands. Whew.   One less worry off my hands, lol

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Shoe itty said.     Oh thank you for that photo of Dragon.  What a beauty.  This universe has the most beautiful and interesting  things.   Share the beauty.  Had that deer not have been posted I would have missed out on one more gorgeous thing.  am I ever  glad he is on a preserve and in good hands. Whew.   One less worry off my hands, lol

@shoekitty 

Isn’t it the truth?

I feel the same way, grateful to have seen him, so happy he’s safe.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

As always, Thank You, MW!   He's a beauty!  Of course, I love them all but being somebody who is seldom like others I totally appreciate his individuality and hope he can stay safe.

I love that your community is on board with not trying to hurt them, especially since it's a 'no hunting' area.