Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Wednesday 10/13/2021

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So nice to see PapaWick and the deer interacting, It is an environment of trust at the Wick's, a safe haven and the deer content.  It is obvious daily, the deer know their comfort zone.  Delightful, calm and all welcome!!!!

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Can I ask what state these beauties are in? I am from WI. and Deer flourish here,but I don't know anyone who has ever been able to hand feed any of them. It's almost surreal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny  I'm in south central Texas.  These deer are pretty much domesticated which normally would be bad.  The rural lake area where I live has hunting restrictions forbidding hunting unless you have 10.1 contiguous acres.  No one here has that much.  And since we humans are destroying their habitat with building on half and quarter acre lots, PapaWick and I provide food.  BTW...we lived in the Sheboygan WI area for 14 years before retiring to Texas. Wisconsin is very beautiful. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

HI, Smiley!  Buddy up to PapWick, he'll hook you up with some extra carrots! 

Those antlers are looking ferasome and fine felas! 

Honored Contributor

Nice to see them taking food from Papa Wick. Oh my goodness they sure love their treats. Those racks are so interesting looking up close.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

I've been to Sheboygan a few times and it is pretty there, My DH even talked someone out of the recipe for their Bratwursts years and years ago while he was over there for Bratwurst Days..We still use that today during our Oktoberfest celebration Woman Happy

I did show the picture of your Deer to my DH and he said that is really something. I don't think we are allowed to feed them around here. They get plenty to eat with all the corn fields around where we live. lol.

Valued Contributor

I love how they are interacting with Papawick and enjoying their treats from him!  And those two close-ups are so cute - such big beautiful eyes!  Like I could reach out and touch him!Heart

I agree with Mamawick about all the building and destroying the beauty and the land!  I do think, though, there are some areas of the Hill Country that remain untoched but for how long??  

Yes, we have to help the animals as much as we can since we keep taking away their environment!  Woman Sadheart:

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick   Wow!  Beautiful pictures of PapaWick's hand and the deer.  It's so heartwarming to see them come right up and get the love along with the treats.  

I, too, feel strongly about humans taking over animals habitats and then complaining about said animals.   They were here first, and we all need to learn to live together in harmony.   

Bless you and PapaWick for not only offering treats but for continuing to provide nourishment and water for all the deer who come to your yard.  

Woofs and love to sweet Cricket in heaven.   Cricket, your mama and papa are taking good care of your deer family.💕

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

These pictures are priceless.  Getting close ups of you feeding the Bucks.  It really is sweet and a comfort that the deer are treated so well.  I am so against hunting for sport to kill another living thing.

kindness is strength