Esteemed Contributor

20220526_181718.jpg

20220526_181800.jpg

20220526_181824.jpg

20220526_181853.jpg

20220526_181932.jpg

20220526_182036.jpg

We are doing doggy daycare for Roo.  Our son is in the Uvalde/Del Rio area for his employer.  Joe, the husband of the teacher who died and he himself died 2 days later, was a colleague with our son's employer.  They have sent a contingent of people to run the stores in those cities so that the local employees can grieve/attend services.  So, yesterday, today, and tomorrow we arrive late morning and spend several hours.  They love each other!

20220601_114636.jpg

20220531_161233.jpg

20220601_114513.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: DEER Wednesday 06/01/2022

Such a heartbreaking situation. In the midst of sadness, it's always wonderful to see our fellow creatures enjoying life. The large and small, of them. Somehow, they give me hope for better days. 

I sense the deer enjoy the personal nurturing as much as the carrots. The two wanting to eat from the hand seem to want it more than the carrot on the grass. There's a bond of trust, for sure. 

Trusted Contributor

Roo and Willow are just so adorable together!  And those close up photos of the sweet deer, I just want to kiss those precious little faces!  

Honored Contributor

The closeups of the woodland friends are always so delightful and lovely.  The kindness offered at the Wick's lures in these gentle creatures and the bond formed brings a smile and a feeling of peace to me.

I love the photos of Roo and Willow playing and enjoying each other's company.  It's another bond formed and lifts my spirits. 

At this difficult time for everyone, a glimpse of nature is welcome and seeing the trust between humans and deer and also between the dogs we look for some peace of mind to shelter us.

Honored Contributor

So true how nature, animals, and children can soothe our hearts and give hope to our spirits. It's where I always go to lift mine.

These pictures @MamaWick, from the etherial looking deer to the 2 at your hand and big loveable huggable Roo and little princess Willow playing together let us see there is still so much beauty in this world even amoungst all the tragedy and sadness.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

What soulful, beautiful comfort your images give to us today MamaWick.

Roo and Willow, clearly entranced with each other. The deer, beautiful and sweet.

Bless your son and his colleagues for helping out in such a difficult time in Uvalde.

I just saw a piece on SoulShine Industries who is providing 19 beautiful, custom caskets for each of the murdered children, free of charge. He met with each family to find out about their cherished child, what they loved and what they wanted to do. There is a Superman casket, a dinosaur and beautiful white casked strewn with flowers. 

Just when you think the world will break your heart, you hear of a great kindess, an empathy that gives hope. In the end, hope is all we have.

Honored Contributor

@DSD2,

😭

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick   In the midst of such horror and pain, there hopefully appears lights of goodness.  Your pictures of your deer and the kindness you offer is one of the lights that shine brightly.  Those adorable faces are well received. Thank you.  

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree," and your son is an example of your goodness. Kiddos to you and PapaWick.   How difficult it must be for him and his colleagues to step into the heartbreak of Uvalde, but how wonderful to offer whatever help needed.  

Woofs and hugs to Miss Willow White and Roo, having a fun time.  Big dogs don't know they are big, and small dogs don't know they are small. They just want to play.  🥰

Woofs and hugs to sweet Cricket in heaven. 💕🌈

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Blessings to you, Papa Wick, your son and all who are helping and offering comfort and fulfilling real needs to all involved in the Uvalde heartbreaking situation.  It's easy to lose sight of the true kindness in this world.  Your family and extended friends and family are a reminder of the goodness around us.  Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Love all the up close and personal deer photos-----HUGS!!!

And Roo and Princess Willow are just ADORBLE together!!!

These beautiful animals provide such a peace, comfort, and a bit of joy amongst all the sadness and tragedy in our world today!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”