Esteemed Contributor

Oops!  Guess I'm one of those still living in the past.   

Yep, blood on his antler.  He's been fighting. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Tuesday 01/05/2021 (corrected year...lol)

Sadly in the wild animals do encounter trouble with other animals especially during mating season.  While we hate to see any of our friends injured or harmed, it is survival for them. They have to eat, mate and find shelter and that is their reality.

Then you have the Wicks who take care of the big buck, Tracy , BB , Betty Lou and the rest.  It gives a sense  of comfort to know these deer have a haven and food  All animals deserve their time on earth and this gang certainly is fortunate to have the Wicks and Cricket to help them along.

Honored Contributor

Aw poor guy!

He just needs a little love and care from Mama Wick, and extra carrots.Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

What a handsome young boy ... if I was a doe I would want him to be my boyfriend 🥰❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Just love these children, God bless them.  You are so kind and good to them, God bless you too!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick - The boys and girls are so beautiful! These never get old. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

This photo diary teaches me so much about the thought patterns and behaviors of these deer. They definitely have a sense of time. They know WHEN something is supposed to happen. They also seem to be able to anticipate based on past experiences. They seem to let others know to go to your property. There much be some kind of communication system to do this unless they are relying purely on their senses of smell, sight and hearing.