Trusted Contributor

Re: DEER Thursday 07/15/2021

@MamaWick  My heart goes out to you and Papa Wick. Hopefully the medication will help Cricket's appetite. I respect your decision about surgery. I have made the same decision about my dog. I will give Zeke any medicine that he needs, but no surgery. And my vet agrees. Please keep us posted. Sending prayers and loving thoughts to all of you.🐾❤️🙏

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Tracy is one smart little cookie.  Beauty and brains all in one package.

I so hope that meds will help Cricket.  Losing our little sweethearts is so painful.  You love her so much, but if she must cross the Bridge, it would be so much easier if she passed in her sleep.  Sending big hugs your way!

Respected Contributor

Praying for Cricket.  

Honored Contributor

MamaWick, you have certainly gained the trust of our woodland friends, it is a gift of nature to bond the deer and you, to make them feel safe and calm in your presence.  I do admire how you care for all the deer and your acts of kindness so appreciated.

I do hope the medication will help ease Cricket's health issue. I spoke to me sister today who lives out of state and is going through the same with her cat.  She is taking it day to day but understands what may happen.  It is a very emotional situation and all of us who have had and have pets experience it.  Whatever decisions you make will be for Cricket and her quality of life. I wish you peace of mind during this time.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Dear Mama & Papa,

I trust, and am sure Cricket trusts you to make the very best decisions for her well-being.  Sending Loving Good Wishes. ♥️

Just knew Tracy would be the one to ‘step up’.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

My heart is breaking for you over the news on Cricket.  I know the feeling as I went thru that with my Lab some years ago.  I agree with you 100 percent that you don't want her to suffer.  When the time comes,  you will know and make the right decision.

My prayers are with you and little Cricket too.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick   I just read about Cricket.  Bless her little soul.  I remember growing up and my dog one day could no longer walk.  I was crying like a baby.  i had to send her to heaven.  We love our pets so much but it is what is best for the dog.  If Cricket starts eating that will be a good thing.  I agree with you about no surgery.  Cricket really looks sweet in that photo today.  I will say a prayer for her and only want what is best for her.  You are also in my prayers.  You all take care of one another.  :heart:

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first picture with the bucket/container gave me a chuckle.  I asked myself is @MamaWick  feeding them their water now????

And then I saw it was a bowl of carrots...  Still smiling though...  That was cute.

Honored Contributor

Oh sweet baby! 

The hardest time but also the time when we give them the most love we possibly can and they will know that forever!

Cricket looks so sweet and clear eyed. I hope that medicine will help her eat and you will have her with you as long as possible. 🙏 I know how it is. I wish they could all stay with us forever!

Tracy, I love you. And doesn't their fur look like velvet?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Prayers for Cricket and Mama and Papa Wick